Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||Boston Area, MA
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.There are currently 200 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 80,000 students.Today, KIPP Massachusetts serves over 1,700 students in our five schools in Boston and Lynn and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our Class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
KIPP MA serves over 1,700 students at five schools in 2016-17. KIPP MA will serve over 1,900 students at five schools in 2017-18.
In Lynn, MA, we are building a K-12 education system across three schools.We currently serve students in grades K-1 at KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary School, in grades 5-8 at KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School, and in grades 9-12 at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School. We are excited to build our Lynn elementary school to serve grades K-2 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
In Boston, MA, we are building a K-8 education system across two schools.We currently serve students in grades K-2 at KIPP Academy Boston Elementary and in 5-8 at KIPP Academy Boston.We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to serve grades K-3 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2018-2019.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners.At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students.We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students served by KIPP Massachusetts.
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
The SLPA will be assisting 2 full-time speech & language pathologists serving students in kindergarten through high school. The position will be split between KIPP Academy Boston and KIPP Academy Lynn
The position requires the ability to reliably travel between both Boston and Lynn sites
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the SLP with speech, language, and hearing screenings without clinical interpretation.
- Assist the SLP during assessment of students exclusive of administration and/or interpretation
- Follow documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the supervising SLP.
- Document student performance (e.g., tallying data for the SLP to use; preparing charts, records, and graphs) and report this information to the supervising SLP.
- Demonstrate or share information with patients, families, and staff regarding strategies developed and directed by the SLP.
- Assist with clerical duties, such as preparing materials and scheduling activities, as directed by the SLP.
- Assist with departmental operations (scheduling, recordkeeping, safety/maintenance of supplies and equipment).
- An Associate’s degree in an SLPA Program OR A Bachelor’s Degree in a speech language pathology or communication disorders program
- Successful completion of 100 hours of supervised clinical field work experience or its clinical experience equivalent
Ideal Candidate Experience/Characteristics
- A belief in the mission and values of KIPP
- Flexible and organized
- Thrives in a fast pace, variable setting
- Open and responsive to feedback
- Experience working with school-age children
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent staff member does the following:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students and staff throughout the school;
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture;
- Exudes joy and a love of learning every single day;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development;
- Constantly assesses progress, communicates results clearly, and uses data to inform decisions and set ambitious goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including committing to an extended work day and remaining available to colleagues, students, and families outside of school hours
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
KIPP MA is an employment at-will organization.
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |