Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Information Technology, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Substitute Teacher (2017-18)
**We will be reviewing applications starting the week of January 22nd**
PLEASE NOTE: If selected for an interview, in-person interviews will take place on Thursday, February 1st, 2018.
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin is part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. We have a focus of educating students in educationally underserved communities. There are currently ten schools in the KIPP Austin network: four elementary schools, four middle schools and two high schools. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will educate over 5,000 students – more than doubling the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Austin Public Schools’ substitute teachers are responsible for partnering with the classroom teacher to ensure that every KIPP Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities. Substitute Teachers will also consistently reinforce the importance of character building by helping students to exhibit strong decision-making capabilities, personal responsibility and healthy interpersonal relationships. KIPP Austin Teachers request feedback from colleagues, principals and staff to continuously hone their teaching skills. Ideal Substitute Teachers will also seek to be part of the community, embrace the culture displayed at KIPP Austin, and engage in the organization’s mission. These duties provide excellent training, preparation and practice for teaching at KIPP Austin, and successful Substitute Teachers are encouraged to apply for positions that will be available in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please know that available work for Substitute Teachers will fluctuate based on the schools’ needs. KIPP Austin is currently seeking elementary, middle, and high school substitute teachers. Substitute applications are processed on a monthly basis. Please expect up to a month delay for receiving follow-up for a Substitute Teacher application.
· At least 60 hours towards a Bachelor’s degree (required)
· At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred (this may include but is not limited to coaching, student teaching, and teaching)
· Availability to work at least 3 days per month
· Experience working with English Language Learners (preferred)
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
· Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
· Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
· Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
· Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
· Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
· Students are able to continue learning in a safe environment in the absence of their teacher
· The lesson provided is executed and students demonstrate mastery of the lesson’s objective
· Execute academically rigorous lessons; following rubrics and administering assessments
· Implement classroom management practices that are consistent with the culture of the school
· Develop an awareness of individual student’s progress and learning needs; relentless focus on helping students achieve educational greatness
· Willing to offer support to and receive constructive feedback from teachers and administration in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
· Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
· Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with the teachers for whom the Substitute Teacher is covering within a day of completing his/her assignment
· At the elementary school level, substitutes may be asked to provide support with Guided Reading for small groups
COMPENSATION: Daily rate is $90 for at least 60 hours toward a bachelor’s degree, $100 for a bachelor’s degree, and $120 for Texas certification.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color,national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|