Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Orlando, FL United States
|| Administrative and Support Services, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Environmental
Superintendent, Plant Operations|
Valencia College is now hiring a Superintendent, Plant Operations to join our dedicated Plant Operation team. In this position you will be responsible for planning and directing the maintenance of campus buildings and infrastructure. Also, the installation, operation and maintenance of related systems and equipment. You will be accountable for a group of skilled and semi-skilled workers in crafts, trades, and custodial areas.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment. You'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world. So if you are looking for more than just a job, then we are looking for you.
The successful candidate will:
Have a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mechanical/electrical engineering or a discipline related to plant operations or significant related experience [required]
Have 5 years of progressively responsible experience managing plant operations; preferably at an educational institution.
Have experience in building automation systems.
Have experience with automated work management systems.
Have working knowledge of HVAC systems, Building Automation Systems, Building Trades skills, Maintenance Management Software, and Preventative Maintenance Systems.
Please click here for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
Free medical and dental benefits.
Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
Florida retirement membership.
YMCA membership benefits.
Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more, click here for details.
Location: West Campus Orlando, FL - 32811
Department: Plant Operations
Salary: $54,881 – $63,799
Closing Date: Open until filled
Qualifications & Requirements
Responsible for planning and directing the maintenance of campus buildings and infrastructure. Also, the installation, operation and maintenance of related systems and equipment. Accountable for a group of skilled and semi-skilled workers in crafts, trades, and custodial areas.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares and manages departmental budgets totaling over $6 million, identifying projected expenditures for the fiscal year based on estimated funds to be used for personnel, facilities, and equipment. Supervises the purchasing of equipment and supplies consistent with department needs and budgetary allocations. Reviews P-card purchases and requisitions for supplies and materials for appropriateness and prompt payment.
2. Defines the responsibility assigned to the trades and maintenance, grounds, and custodial departments. Oversees these areas, ensuring that each area is operating at peak efficiency and producing results consistent with the needs of the college.
3. Provides input to the Project Managers in the planning and construction phases of capital improvement projects and inspects projects in various phases of construction.
4. Maintains open communications by responding to plant operations related questions and requests, initiating follow-up action in a timely manner to insure that all questions or requests are handled promptly, advising interested parties regarding resolution of specific issues. Consults with Campus President, Deans, Directors, Faculty Leadership and other Stakeholders in an effort to improve the operation and maintenance of the plant.
5. Develops appropriate reports and analyses to keep administration aware of operational costs. Provides direct assistance for the formulation and implementation of College policies and procedures as they impact plant operations. Periodically reviews and evaluates the performance of the department and keeps the AVP informed of the department's progress and problems.
6. Leads the Plant Operations Team meeting all business objectives and assigned project goals. Trains, supervises and evaluates all departmental personnel. Fosters and environment that encourages staff education and improvement through continuing education/SPD and supports staff involvement in conferences, seminars, and training. Resolves personnel issues, implements progressive disciplinary action as necessary and enforces College policy.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mechanical/electrical engineering or a discipline related to plant operations or significant related experience [required].
2. Progressively responsible experience managing plant operations; preferably at an educational institution.
3. Significant Supervisory experience managing a large diverse group of people [required].
4. Experience in building automation systems.
5. Demonstrated experience managing large budgets.
6. valid driver's license [required].
7. Experience with automated work management systems.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of Sustainability.
9. The College anticipates that the person filling this position will need to be available throughout the workday and, on some occasions, after regular work hours. Therefore, as a condition of employment, the incumbent is expected to be available by cell phone and is required to provide their current cell phone number to the Human Resources Department and to their immediate supervisor.
10. A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
11. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Working knowledge of HVAC systems, Building Automation Systems, Building Trades skills, Maintenance Management Software, and Preventative Maintenance Systems.
2. Knowledge of construction, record keeping, planning and managing budgets and blue prints.
3. Ability to react and make decisive judgments in emergency circumstances and take action as necessary to maintain the plant in an operational condition and then inform the AVP of the action taken as soon as possible.
4. Computer literate. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office products.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
6. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and systems.
7. Ability to communicate and work with individuals inside and outside of the college.
8. Ability to work under pressure.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; type/keyboard; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Employee must on occasion lift/move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please visit our employer showcase!