Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Legal, Quality Control, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Assistant Vice President, Global Risk Analytics|
- The role holder will report to the Mgr GRA FCC
- Advanced degree (preferable MS or PhD) in a STEM field, have solid background in both computer science and math / statistical modelling.
- This role supports delivery of analysis for major global projects and productivity tool development projects within FCC GRA . Maintains all business definitions and AML Compliance usage for all data used from source system to AML Compliance monitoring tools.
- This role will manage and provide support on Segmentation, CPR, and Analytics Support (Mantas, Norkom and Big data)
- Supports data integrity and testing of new systems and enhances existing automated suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems and Know Your Customer ("KYC") programs.
- Adherence to Group and regulatory standards, the delivery of analytic tasks and supporting agreed operating plan objectives and the day-to-day business requirements. The role will provide accurate and timely information on exposures to escalate to management
Customers / Stakeholders
- Form a meaningful working relationship with FCC Operations; Regional GRA Teams and AML FCC peers and stakeholders
- Ensure that the Line Management are appropriately advised of material AML TM issues
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support Line Management by provision of analysis in delivering key AML TM objectives
- Provision of day to day TM system analytics support,
- Work effectively with peers and stakeholders across the FCC and GRA functions
- Foster positive and professional working relationships within FCC, Global and Regional GRA and colleagues throughout the Group.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with colleagues at the Group and Regional levels.
- Ensure understanding of functional objectives and goals within GRA
- Support diversity and reflect the HSBC values
Operational Effectiveness and Control:
- Assist in the design, testing of data related to the implementation of new and existing AML systems and environments
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, including both business and technical parties
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of industry AML initiatives and best practices. Develop general awareness of AML regulatory changes affecting system development projects and assist AML LCOs and project teams in remaining compliant
- Support GRA efforts to deliver AML strategic TM objectives while also ensuring BAU control changes and analytics are delivered within the overall governance framework
- Deliver analysis to support best practice AML TM Solutions to deliver business objectives and optimal system performance as a global standard
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators
Impact on the Business/Function:
- Manages a team of data analysts to conduct data analysis in support of tool development (application development) tasks for BSA/AML Systems, Technology and Data Integrity projects include requesting, profiling, extracting, analyzing, testing, and reviewing data; developing formal reporting or ad hoc analyses of key categorical and transactional data; reviewing data quality to ensure reports and analyses are meaningful and accurate; requesting data and validating data formats; verifying control totals and record counts; authoring and testing code (both front and back end); authoring and executing both SQL queries and reports; and writing, executing, and documenting test scripts
- Support delivery of business analysis initiatives for Group GRA globally across all business lines - RBWM, CMB, GBM and GPB for the full range of project management responsibilities and outreach and liaison activities;
- Ensure appropriate oversight and governance of initiatives, benefits tracking and realization
- Ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards and Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal / external auditors and external regulators
- Support the delivery the GRA requirements for all AML TM Compliance risk models
- Effective engagement with the business areas in order to fully understand their requirements
- Rapid response to issues as they arise.
- The position provides analytics capability to support the activities prioritized by the Senior Analyst and Team Management.
- The position is responsible for delivering analysis to support compliance coverage of TM systems.
- The role will be given some supervisory guidance.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate
- The value of this role should be measured by the impact the team is expected to deliver in a continuously changing environment
- Directly managed teams will deliberately be established as small teams of highly skilled, highly motivated change agents who will work as catalysts with the business partners to aggressively drive change
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum of 3 years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets to deliver meaningful business outcomes, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills
Strong database skills, including working with advanced data sets, pivot tables, advanced database and statistical functions and methods. Strong technical skills with experience using SAS, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access and MS Excel (advanced functions) to query and analyze large data sources. Knowledge and hand on experience on big data platform and language.
SAS experience is a Plus.
General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful
Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks