Head of US Service Management|
Lead a team of Service Management experts who work closely with the Lines of Business Service Quality Managers to facilitate rapid Incident recovery, Root Cause analysis and identification, recurrence prevention.
Serves as the primary liaison at senior management level between the business, application/infrastructure solutions providers and the Major Incident Management and Helpdesk structure covering all US IT Incidents within the IMT operating model. Act as the senior management single point of contact for all business impacting technology incident recovery. Leads the team that supports; the identification of underlying trends and root causes, service configuration accuracy, change protection and service levels.
Leads the Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level and Knowledge Management activities for the US.
Impact on the Business
- Primary senior management escalation point for all IT Incident/issues affecting business service.
- Reduction of IT Incidents impacting the US business.
- Provides additional support to the business for the Service Management functions operated within the US.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison and communication at senior level with business stakeholders. Primary go to function to support the IT Helpdesk.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintains relationships at senior management level with internal stakeholders;
- All US businesses.
- US CIO executive team.
- Lines of Business Service Quality Managers.
- Global Command Centre and Major Incident Management functions.
- Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level, Help Desk and Knowledge Management teams of the global Service Management function.
- Service Management practices, solutions and engineering teams as needed.
- Maintains external awareness of research trends, information, and techniques related to ITIL core service process and practice.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Accountable for leading team of service management experts in US.
- Provides US business knowledge to augment the Major Incident Management team and Global Command Centre for Service Management and recovery actions.
- Act as subject matter expert contact point for US business units.
- Ensure team of service management experts have the capability to perform their designated functions
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Full responsibility for the management of US IT Incidents to successful resolution.
- Monitors mean time to restore service to ensure minimum disruption to the US business.
- Act as the senior management escalation point for all issues.
- Responsible for all the currency of all US service documentation utilized by GCC and the Major Incident Management team.
- Lead the team responsible for:
- Service incident reviews.
- Service improvement programs.
- Service mapping.
- Service and performance level agreements.
- Champion the best practice use of Service Management tooling and automation.
- Govern US Adherence to Global Service Management standards and best practice.
- Support the regulatory notification practices as required.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Stability of IT Service requires a high degree of management and communication. The US business and regulatory bodies require complete confidence in our operational practices and processes.
- Reports jointly to Global Head of Service Management and Regional Head of US IT Infrastructure Delivery. The position directly supports activities for the provision of IT services and systems to the US business.
- Operates the practices defined by the global Service Management function and be part of the Community of Practice
- Primary focus will be the identification, management and resolution of IT Incidents impacting the United States. Additional reporting line into the Major Incident Management function
- Manage the team which is on call covering all out of hours Incidents.
- Secondary focus to support Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level and Knowledge Management activities for the US.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Broad knowledge of the US business operation and supporting IT systems
- Knowledge of technology Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management practices.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and planning skills.
- Strong customer service ethic with a focus on business service delivery.
- Minimum of three years or equivalent experience operating within an ITIL adopted framework (regardless of the adaptation).
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience.
- ISEB qualified in Service Management. V3 Expert Level preferred.