Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jersey City, NJ
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Military, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Assistant Vice President Senior Compliance Officer Control Review|
Performs periodic testing reviews of the compliance control framework as directed by Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing (RCMAT) management. Assures compliance with internal and external policies and procedures and with laws and regulations applicable to HNAH’s banking activities in the U.S. Primary focus on control activities (e.g., first line of defense compliance monitoring functions) of the Commercial Banking and Private Banking business with secondary focus on the four main business lines (e.g., GBM, CMB, PB, RBWM), and in related support activities (e.g. IT, MIS, Operations). At a minimum; should have working knowledge or experience with OCC, FRB and CFPB regulations.
Impact on the Business
- Maintains current knowledge of Commercial Banking and Private Banking business processes and compliance requirements, as well as of pertinent internal regulatory policy and procedural changes.
- Performs testing, as directed by RCMAT management, and assists in the reporting of related results designed to assist HNAH Compliance in identifying deficiencies and other issues impacting compliance controls.
- Helps align the function to the Strong Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) framework by deploying the critical second line of defense testing function.
- Assists Business and Compliance Management in determining the effectiveness of their compliance control environment and provides line of sight for compliance management into regulatory issues.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Interacts effectively with internal stakeholders to achieve RCMAT and organizational objectives by utilizing the RCMAT testing methodology and by applying required knowledge and skills.
- Drafts assigned portions of review reports in accordance with the RCMAT methodology and reporting protocol regarding first line of defense assurance. Reports are written based on a risk framework and reported based on specific evidence gleaned from testing and review techniques.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works effectively in a team setting to assist in the planning and execution of assigned reviews.
- Shares knowledge and leverages own skills within and across functional testing teams.
- Maintains appropriate focus on own self-development. In conjunction with Team Manager, identifies and participates in approved developmental training.
- Participates in special compliance reviews and any additional assignments as required by management.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains a current knowledge of industry compliance initiatives pertaining to areas of responsibility and best practices.
- Utilizes testing approach, programs, and other required tools in accordance with RCMAT methodology to perform, document, and report results of assigned compliance testing reviews.
- Assists in compliance test planning process by obtaining business unit background information to be included and documented within CMAT planning process.
- Discharges position accountabilities by pro-actively assisting management in identifying and containing compliance risk, monitoring, reporting and certification, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of and acts in conformance with HSBC internal control standards.
- Assists in reporting the status of the remediation of identified RCMAT internal controls deficiencies.
- Some U.S. domestic travel may be required (limited).
- Depending on the individual role, professional certifications relevant to the role are preferred.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Adheres to HNAH’s Statement of Business Principles and Code of Ethics.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of five to seven years proven and progressive financial services audit, operations, and/or compliance experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong communications, analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of assigned businesses, products, operations, systems and organization and understanding of all significant regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the business.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems, and software packages.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |