Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jupiter, FL United States
|| Computers, Software, Education and Library, Information Technology, Legal, Executive Management, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Senior Compliance Analyst - NERC|
Senior Compliance Analyst - NERC
Date:Nov 9, 2017
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Requisition ID: 17163
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy, we are taking our Senior Compliance Analyst role to the next level. These talented employees are the drivers of excellence. Successful individual will assist Manager to manage and coordinate NextEra Energy Inc’s compliance activities, both internally and externally to ensure complete compliance by working directly with Business Units to implement a sustainable culture of compliance. Provide interpretive guidance and training; and oversee the development of business unit controls for new regulations or new business initiatives.
Duty or Activity (NERC):
* Supporting the Manager(s) in the internal-assessments/self-corrections as specified in the Compliance Plan with particular attention to technical subject matter and compliance processes.
* Maintaining NextEra Energy’s Reliability Standards Compliance intranet site as an educational and informational sharing tool, including maintaining an electronic library of all relevant FERC Orders, cases, NERC, and Regional entity proceedings; updating, as necessary, the intranet to provide relevant information to Business Units; developing a question and answer page in the intranet for most frequently asked questions about the Reliability Standards.
* Maintaining and overseeing the Corporate Tracking Compliance Information Management System (SharePoint or other system)
* Assisting the Manager(s) in the development and delivery of training modules
* Maintaining all electronic files, reports, filed documents, etc. related to compliance activities.
* Monitoring compliance activities at NERC, and Regional entities and inform Manager(s) and Director(s) as well as Business Unit Compliance Leads/Subject Matter Experts of new developments, including new or revised Reliability Standards
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
This job is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination the Company’s compliance activities. Employees in this job provide interpretive guidance and training; and oversee the development of business unit controls for new regulations or new business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures content of compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date
• Maintains the Companys compliance intranet site as an education and informational sharing tool
• Assists managers in the development and delivery of compliance training
• Maintains all electronic files, reports, filed documents, etc. related to compliance activities
• Monitors compliance activities at regulatory agencies and informs managers, directors, and business units
• Communicates new or revised compliance documentation
• Provides oversight, analysis and guidance to employees and/or business units
• Prepares Executive Management Reports
• Performs spot checks of business unit controls, analyzes and presents results
• Conducts benchmarking research on best practices
• Works with the appropriate departments to gain agreement, makes changes, and revises the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or Senior Officer Code as necessary
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Compliance
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001)
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market:Miami
Job Segment:Sustainability, Energy