Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||West Palm Beach, FL United States
|| Information Technology, Legal, Quality Control, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Senior Electronics Technician|
Senior Electronics Technician
Date:Nov 6, 2017
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
The ideal candidate must have specific skillsets and experience in de-soldering and soldering of components and be familiar with both thru-hole and surface mount technology. Candidate must possess good communication skills and proper email etiquette and is expected to be able to communicate with various levels of management, site personnel and customers.
Job may include other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the disassembling, troubleshooting, repairing, and testing of printed circuit boards, power supplies, and a variety of electrical/electronic devices and modules. Employees in this job read and comprehend drawings, vendor manuals, technical specifications, and schematics associated with a variety of circuit boards and electronic devices. Individuals in this role use electronic test equipment to conduct troubleshooting activities, component testing and circuit board functional testing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Reads and comprehends electrical drawings and schematics
* Troubleshoots, repairs, and tests Printed Circuit Boards
* Troubleshoots, repairs, and tests Power Supplies and a variety of electronic devices and components
* Performs routine and complex in-circuit and out-of-circuit component test activities to ensure that components function as specified
* Conducts advanced circuit board functional testing as required, to ensure that the design function of the circuit board performs as intended
* Operates a variety of electrical/electronic test equipment
* Solders with precision, utilizing specific skills that meet IPC standards for workmanship
* Repairs circuit boards with thru-hole or surface mount technology or mixed technology
* Prepares detailed technical reports, using Microsoft Office
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
* High School Grad / GED
* Experience: 5+ years
* Technical Certificate Program
* Trade School Graduate
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technicians
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market:Miami