Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Executive Management, Research & Development
Operational Analytics Manager|
An Operations Analytics Manager provides subject matter expertise to support the overall demand management process across Local, Regional and Global Operations activities, according to the demands and priorities of an evolving business. They are responsible for maintaining alignment with Global Collections, Credit Bureau, Decision Systems and Underwriting standards in order to optimize performance results against established objectives, while ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures. The role holder will have ownership for delivering against short and long range capability goals, ensuring that they are delivering against strategic objectives at a local, regional and global level, in order to effectively deliver against internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Impact on the Business
- Work with senior management in the development of systems and strategies to be employed in Credit Control Services.
- The role holder is responsible for working across Group CCS in support of ensuring strong and sophisticated capabilities, aligned to Group standards of expectation.
- Individuals will take ownership for partnering across Local and Regional CCS teams to support the strengthening a sustainability of defined capabilities to deliver optimum recovery rates, through the development and delivery of customer-centric, sustainable relationship capabilities.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Personal accountability for translating Collections strategy into priority actions to ensure the delivery of a high quality, professional service to all internal and external customers and stakeholders
- The role holder takes ownership for working across the organization to serve our customers better; demonstrating a concern for the needs and expectations of our customers, making them high priority, using an understanding of customer needs as the basis for decision making and organizational action, and working with others to solve problems in order to achieve the best solution for the entire organization.
- The role holder is responsive to the unique and complex needs of our customers, across all operational functions of CCS. An Operations Analytics Manager will collaboratively lead the development of operational improvement activities to deliver fair outcomes for our customers, enhance processes, improve results and control costs through the delivery of customer-centric solutions.
- Assist with Capacity planning feedback loop to the GAC
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making.
- Provide CCS technical and capability leadership and support CCS function excellence by driving best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers.
- Potentially lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic and operating plans to enhance business growth.
- Confer with in-house systems specialists and financial analysts to improve computer systems as they relate to CCS processes and related databases.
- Lead the continuing development, implementation and improvement of the processes, structures, capabilities, capacity and infrastructure needed to deliver agreed plans and targets, collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a robust and efficient control environment across their area of responsibility to ensure robust operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a bespoke management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Lead the implementation and oversight of policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Local Job Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time within stringent deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- The position needs to follow company policies and any deviation from policy must be escalated to their manager for notification and approval.
- This position may act as a first level manager or as the most senior level individual contributor/ subject matter expert.
- This position may also work with other support teams such as GAC, RBWM, Credit Risk, Vendor Management and/or Technology Services.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Five years proven statistical analysis and/or MIS experience, or equivalent. Management experience as well as knowledge and understanding of financial services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages. Strong programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (i.e. SAS, SAP) and/or advanced database programs.