Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control
Senior Construction Project Manager (Ground up)|
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead a staff responsible for individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for construction ground up project delivery.
Characteristics of responsible projects:
Duration: Long term
Value: Typically >$2 Million USD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study required.
Minimum (10) ten years of ground-up construction experience. Developing budgets, schedules for large projects. Managing full suite of designers, contractors, vendors and engineers.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Prolog, Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |