Instructional Support Manager|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology (ITT) oversees faculty development, instructional technology, and online learning at Azusa Pacific University. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Instructional Strategy, the Instructional Support Manager provides front-line support and training for faculty seeking assistance with using technology in their courses. This position also works with academic departments/schools to identify instructional technology needs and to provide/coordinate appropriate training and support services.
Bachelorís degree required. Masterís degree in Educational/Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, or equivalent experience and education preferred.
Five years experience working in higher education environment and faculty support. Experience working with faculty at varying technical skill and hierarchical levels required. Extensive experience with instructional technology highly preferred.
* Respond to faculty instructional issues, complaints, and/or related questions promptly, professionally, and proactively using Zendesk, an instructional support ticketing system.
* Work with faculty and academic units to identify instructional needs and develop appropriate training programs, services and materials.
* Partner with CTLA in developing adjunct and regional faculty training and support
* Develop and deliver faculty training on various instructional technology topics such as Sakai/Canvas, Zoom, Kahoot!, and Google Apps.
* Solicit faculty feedback regarding existing ITT instructional support services and use data to inform the planning of future services.
* Serve as a key team member (planning, design and implementation) on major ITT and CTLA initiatives such as the Teaching with Technology Institute, the CTLA Pop-Up Event, Faculty Development Day and the Blended Learning Project.
* Co-facilitate the Orientation to Online Teaching (OOT) course with the Director of Instructional Strategy for certification of online faculty.
* Participate in Faculty Engagement meetings.
* Collaborate with the Office of Information and Media Technology and other departments as needed to ensure appropriate customer-facing processes and good customer experiences in the use of the Learning Management System.
* Provide instructional technology support to colleagues within CTLA as needed
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description