|| Banking, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Counseling, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Senior Commercial Credit Risk Analyst|
Contributes and assists with the ongoing integration between the Wholesale and Market Risk governance framework with the banks broader Risk Management Framework. Other responsibilities include identifying, measuring and controlling credit risk throughout the institution by the governance and monitoring of varying regulatory and policy mandates as well as participating in credit risk related projects and initiatives. Creates and/or revises Credit Policy, procedures and guidelines to account for changing regulatory, economic and political environments. Analyzes related reports to manage risk. Assist credit and the wholesale businesses by providing accurate and useful risk management tools and guidance documents
Role holders will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
- Directly influence the operational effectiveness of the functional/functional unit
- Support decisions through advice, counsel or services in area of specialisation
- Accountable for delivery against prescribed targets, budgets and resourcing and responsible for volume, quality, and timeliness of end results
- Adhere to and actively support established policies and procedures in own team
- Support change initiatives and embed change initiatives within own team
The position must regularly manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities and requires the candidate have balanced skill set which includes:
- knowledge of large bank commercial products and respective risks,
- technical ability with tools such as Excel, Access, Business Objects
- strong writing/communication, and
- capable of producing high quality senior management level correspondence, presentations and reports.
All staff are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the controls that are in place to manage the risks in the processes and activities that they undertake in their day to day role.
Management of conduct is a critical component of all our business activities including, for example, the Group’s strategy and business models, our culture and behaviours, our interaction with customers, our financial markets operations, and our governance and oversight processes. HSBC's approach to conduct is designed to ensure we deliver fair outcomes for our customers and do not disrupt the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Focus on conduct is integral to HSBC’s values and principles, and supports the Group’s strategy for sustainable growth and streamlining of business processes and procedures.
HSBC has defined the Global Outcomes relating to Conduct which must be delivered by Global Lines of Business, HOST and the Global Functions. The 15 Global Outcomes are located within the document in this link:
Whilst all 15 Global Outcomes apply across the organisation, there are more dominant or relevant Outcomes which relate to specific roles. Below is an indicative guide to show which Outcomes are more likely to apply to this job description. All roles within the organisation should adhere to the Outcomes and the local regulatory standards and requirements relating to the markets in which they operate. It is mandatory that the conduct outcomes are included in the profiles and must not be amended.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Modify credit policy and/or procedures to ensure loans and other credit exposures are properly controlled and monitored within prudent banking principles.
- Develop policy, procedures, data sources and reporting to ensure risk is identified, measured, monitored and controlled as required by new mandates, products or markets.
- Provide more complex special analyses utilizing internal and external data sources to identify risk and provide insight into developing trends in the Company credit risk profile for management, Group and Board reporting.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Varying business units throughout the company, other departments/colleagues within WMR as well as internal/external auditors and the like
Leadership & Teamwork
- Foster ongoing relationships as well as effectively communicate and work cohesively with colleagues within and outside of WMR.
- Ability to work well with others in the development of new and existing processes as well as applying diplomatic challenge where warranted
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Monitor existing credit exposures/transactions via regular reports and internal systems, ensuring risk practices remain within established regulatory and policy mandates.
- Ensure effective management of risk by appropriate review of key data elements; ensure data is valid, accurate and consistent; work to remediate where necessary.
- Work closely with compliance risk in liaison with Area or Local Compliance Officer; fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of six years proven and progressive technical and/or financial services experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, economics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Familiarity with the Company’s risk framework as well as risk based metrics and related technology.
- Commercial credit knowledge and/or experience a plus.