|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
AVP, Loan Management Unit Relationship Manager|
This position manages an integrated portfolio of Corporate Finance, Highly Leveraged Transactions, Commercial Real Estate, Asset-Based Lending, Equipment Finance, Small to Medium Enterprise, Private Banking, Trade Bank, Sovereign, Risk, Apparel, Agricultural, Syndicated complex problem loans and Owned Real Estate across North and South America (objective is to reduce assigned pass, criticized, classified and/or non-performing assets and maximize timely recovery of assets through collection, litigation, restructure and rehabilitation.
Impact on the Business
- Analyze debtor's/guarantor's business and/or financial capacity in context of current and/or prospective market conditions to generate cash for the repayment of debt and other obligations as a going concern or liquidating entity.
- Analyze value of existing or available collateral that can protect or recover the Company's claim; analyze existing or available documentation to protect and enhance the claim.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop, recommend and implement, cost-effective strategies to collect the Company's claim in a workout or liquidation including re-negotiation, lawsuit and/or bankruptcy/reorganization; negotiate with debtors, guarantors and third parties to implement on a documented basis the Company's maximum recovery of its claims, all to benefit business unit profitability.
- Manage owned assets through securing, maintaining and enhancing their value through strong administrative and management control and knowledge of them, managing asset operations efficiently during holding period to maximize revenues and minimize risks and expenses, positioning the assets for sale and aggressively marketing the properties for disposition and fulfilling all regulatory reporting requirements accurately and in adherence with prescribed deadlines, all the benefit business unit profitability.
- Support the Group's development and implementation of the Credit Approval and Relationship Management (CARM) system.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support the Company's global resourcing initiative through resourcing, training and mentoring personnel and supporting the Company's due diligence process through evaluation of prospective acquisition/merger targets.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with proper booking, accounting, operational control, documentation, credit administration and regulatory requirements of each asset managed.
- Understand and comply with Basel, OCC and other regulatory requirements that are currently reflected with customer grade, loss given default, facility grade and impairment reserve decisions.
- Constant inflow exceeds resolution outflow. Small Business Administration documentation to purchase guarantees on defaulted loans takes considerable research and completion time.
- Fully responsible for assigned portfolio management (expect ongoing involvement with management, but with more guidance than direction. Has ability to work with global lenders and participate in HSBC@Work.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of four years proven and progressive experience handling small business, commercial and corporate credits and dealing with customers, government agencies or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Credit training or equivalent experience.
- Proven negotiations, problem-solving, communications, decision-making and persuasion skills.
- Thorough knowledge of application of law as it applies to banking, business loans, bankruptcy, contracts, securities law, Uniform Commercial Code and real estate as well as Company products, credit policy, lending officer procedures and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange products and markets as well as credit derivative products.
- Knowledge of a foreign language us helpful for cross-border situations.