Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Science, Warehousing, Quality Control, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Senior Data Analyst|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Donor Information Services team manages and analyzes an extensive donor/prospect database with 500,000 constituent and prospect records. The 16-member team helps maintain and strengthen the Philanthropy’s infrastructure while stressing the importance of quality data collection and gift handling, outstanding prospect research and management, valuable analytics, innovative software integration and database integrity.
The Senior Database Analyst uses various data sources and software applications to extract data, create custom reports, and provide in-depth fundraising analysis. The analyst prepares accurate, timely and substantiated data that will ultimately assist Philanthropy to identify prospects, achieve excellence and meet campaign fundraising goals. The Philanthropy team designs and evaluates fundraising strategies based on analyst projects. In addition, this position helps maintain and develop custom software program solutions that improve philanthropy operations, streamline business practices and reduce staff time and effort. A variety of special projects are associated with this position. This position reports directly to the Chief Philanthropy Executive.
The Senior Data Analyst role’s primary responsibility is the development of specific reporting artifacts including: parameterized reports, dashboards, extracts, static reports, dataset mining and data visualizations, supporting the mission of Fred Hutch. In addition, this role will participate in the development of the logical and physical data infrastructure related to reporting and data extraction.
This role is also responsible for interacting with the customer base in the gathering and documenting of reporting requirements. The Senior Data Analyst utilizes analytic skills to compile and present information that meets the customer needs and ensures users understand both the information and the analysis behind the data.
- Gather and document requirements from the user community; translate requirements into an analytics solution that meets the customer’s needs.
- Produce high-quality output consistent with team and industry best practices.
- Translates key data points into talking points and summarizes findings in writing.
- Knowledge on a wide range of possible reporting solutions and have sufficient discernment skills to select the most appropriate solution for each set of requirements.
- Mastery of the SQL programming language; highly proficient at developing stored procedures, troubleshooting, performance tuning, maintaining and documenting complex SQL queries.
- Liaison with the user community around the usage and deployment of reporting solutions and tools.
- Conduct one-on-one or small group training sessions in order to advance the adoption of analytical solutions.
- Participate/lead code review sessions and will be expected to make updates.
- Participate in the design and development of dimensional data marts.
- Develop, collaborate and implement standardized reporting formats procedures and processes.
- Support and perform ad hoc requests for reports and other artifacts.
- Participate in change control, problem management, and communication processes.
- Utilize analytic skills to compile and present information that meets the customer needs. The style of presentation will ensure that the users understand both the information and the analysis.
- Identify opportunities to reduce data redundancy, and improve data quality.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and tune existing data warehouse applications in relation to report and extract development.
- Assists in the analysis, selection and testing of information center tools. Helps in the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional database reporting development experience with a wide range of business intelligence tools (MS Reporting Services, Tableau Software, etc.)
- Senior/expert SQL development skills
- Knowledge of relational databases and T-SQL
- Knowledge of API
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with a dimensional data warehousing
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- MS Office application development using Access and Excel
- Statistical methods and concepts and experience building predictive models.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and problem solving skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment and has a proven record of positive contributions to the work of the team
- Proven track record coaching and mentoring team members
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Analytical, data management & reporting skill set
- Ability to work independently, multi task & prioritize workload
- Coordination and working knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile/Scrum), time estimates and allocation
- Experience and knowledge of gathering and documenting analytic/reporting requirements
- Experience in and be adept at creating CSV extracts to feed downstream reporting systems as necessary.
- Proficient in working in all phases of database design and data modeling activities.
- Healthcare and research analysis experience
- Non-profit analysis experience
- Blackbaud product suite experience including API
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!