Business Services Manager - University Services|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position administers the business operations of the University Services departments. Directly supervises business administrative staff. Responsible for accounting and financial operations, and the system administration staff.
* BA in Finance preferred
* College degree with business or accounting major required.
* 3 to 5 years of business experience, preferably in a university environment.
* Supervisory experience or employees and processes.
* Directly supervises business functions of multiple departments within University Services. Processes daily transactions, prepares financial reports for internal and external distribution.
* Administers unrestricted account budgets. Plans and develops short and long-term budgets. Provides projections and forecasts and analyzes financial impacts. Analyzes actual versus budget performance to determine variances. Takes corrective action, as required.
* Provides regular and special financial reports, as required for department’s operations.
* Administers internal financial policies and procedures. Ensures department’s compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as university financial policies and procedures.
* Directly supervises all assigned subordinate staff (Accounts Receivable/Payable Coordinators and System Administrator. Recruits, screens, hires and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff. Counsels, disciplines and/or terminates employees as required.
* Develops, enhances and maintains information systems to support financial operations. Ensure that internal systems complement university-wide systems and that information is reconciled on a regular basis.
* Assists in strategic planning activities, as assigned. Researches and compiles data required for development of assumptions, projections and strategies. Monitors action plans, implements changes, as required.
* Assists in management of department projects as assigned.
* Maintains compliance with APU missions, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description