Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Regional Head of Client Management|
- Principally responsible for direct development and implementation of a high quality, risk aware client management culture to deliver superior post-sales support to Global Banking and Markets and Commercial Banking (CMB) clients, across a full range of Global Liquidity and Cash Management products that is consistent throughout this and other HSBC regions.
- Articulate and implement Regional Client Management strategic framework for optimizing client experience in support of the business; communicates with and engages stakeholders at regional, multi-regional and global levels.
- Assist the Regional PCM Head in delivering strategic business goals; provide client feedback input to strategic planning, formulate tactical plans and drive projects and initiatives that improve client advocacy through a superior client experience. Manage and track the deliverables to ensure full execution by the region
- Establish strategic direction for Client Management across region as well as contribute to the Group’s overall global Cash Management strategy.
- Lead, manage and drive Client Management within HSBC’s Global GLCM activities throughout region, for Corporate, Commercial and Financial Institutions’ clients to position HSBC as a top provider of such services, in addition to and in support of, achieving maximum profit ability and growth.
- Initiate, lead and drive a wide range of strategic projects within region and on a global basis. Projects span the breadth of GLCM as well as related areas such as Operations and IT.
- Advise the Global Client Management Team in creating a consistent and market leading proposition.
- Maximize share of clients’ GLCM wallet through excellence of service and relationship building, and by providing timely and incisive information to sales teams.
- Ensure the capture of Client Management levels across HSBC’s full service life-cycle, GLCM product and region. Analyze and create incisive information on HSBC’s relative market position, effectiveness of client experience improvement projects and key areas of persistent weakness.
- Provide greater support of relationship manager and sales communities through a more active and advisory-based relationship with clients.
- Create a more integrated service proposition with other GLCM regional Client Management, targeted at needs of cross-regional and complex clients.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Communicate with stakeholders at a regional/global level; ensure effective internal and external communication and sharing of such projects. Serve as liaison between Client Management and other project stakeholders including: Sales – FIG / Corporate / CMB, GBM Global Management and CMB Regional Teams.
- Ensure the performance objectives of the business are achieved. Work beyond the scope of the regional PCM CM function, as an integral part of the Regional PCM senior team. Contributions encompass a wide range of activities including (but not limited to) sales, product, operations and the overall strategic direction of the business.
- Act as the executive client service relationship sponsor for all top tier clients.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Act as an inspirational role model and direct the Client Management function to position HSBC as a top provider of such services in addition to achieving maximum profitability and growth.
- Drive client management development projects by country within regionally and globally.
- Be accountable for establishing opportunities for improvement of the client management function in region. Proactively enhance, drive and execute guidelines, processes, tools and methodology for CM in the region to ensure implementation / integration / service standard is continuously enhanced to deliver customer value, maximizing revenues, cost savings and efficiency.
- Maintain regular dialogue with GLCM teams globally to share regional developments and support establishment of global service best practice.
- Manage in country Client Management Heads to ensure global consistency and drive best practice.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Work with Group and other regions to develop and execute high quality and globally consistent Client Implementation and Client Integration processes to ensure effective and efficient implementation of all client solutions.
- Develop high quality pro-active Client Service strategies to ensure development and retention of high value Global Liquidity and Cash Management relationships.
- Develop a culture of continuous process improvement and quality measurement.
- Ensure operational integrity and service excellence and all supporting units (Regional Support Centre’s) encompassing all GLCM delivery channels.
- Ensure provision of accurate and timely management information to support effective and efficient business management.
- Ensure skill levels and caliber of client management teams align with strategic goals set for client experience, and that efficiencies are realized through intelligent use of the Group’s service delivery organization and enable Client Management teams to focus more on client needs.
- Developing a cash management culture/capability throughout the regions that is able to meet needs of the Group’s sophisticated customer base as well as increasingly demanding middle market.
- Ensuring HSBC offers high quality, specialized services comparable or superior to its main competitors.
- Being instrumental in acquiring profitable business opportunities for the Group.
- Ensuring ongoing development of HSBC’s GLCM business across the region, focusing on the client management organizational structure, processes, tools, techniques and people.
- Ensuring optimal contribution of the business within the overall structure, proactively seeking ways to identify cross-referral of business opportunities and identification and exchange of best practice across PCM, Trade & Supply Chain (GTRF) and HSBC Securities Services (HSS).
- HSBC Global Liquidity and Cash Management was established as a global functional business in 1997. The Group strategic plan and those of the customer groups recognise the importance of GLCM as a core value-added service for GBM and CMB clients, generating revenues with low capital usage whilst providing attractive returns.
- Market demand for cash management services continues to rise rapidly. However the desire by clients to reduce the number of bank relationships, and the recognition by banks of the attractiveness of cash management services as a provider of low risk, low capital intensive, recurrent income has resulted in intense competition (principally Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, BoA, Standard Chartered Bank and Deutsche, as well as local banks). Deals demanding huge commitment in time/human/system resources become business norm. The now established trend of Corporate’s aggressively expanding outside of own country into the region or even globally has reinforced GLCM’s position to overcome the challenges and capture such business opportunities.
- Client demand is increasingly focused on the provision of regional/global, broad ranged integrated cash management solutions encompassing receivables, payables, accounts and liquidity management and delivery channels which can be seamlessly integrated to the client’s ERP/accounting systems. Solutions must recognize local/regional tax and legal issues as well as banking practices, regulatory considerations and the Bank’s own evolving product/service capabilities.
- The jobholder will proactively contribute and advise on the global GLCM strategy. The jobholder has the flexibility and scope to draw on wide experience and to initiate activities that contribute to the revenue and NPBT increase for GLCM in region.
Management of Risk
- Jobholder is required to appreciate the different risks associated with operating across borders and within different regulatory regimes.
- Reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking into account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating and sales procedures, practices restructurings and the impact of new technology.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you and your direct reports are involved.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Must implement the Group Risk Policy, as applicable to your role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- The jobholder will act to ensure the Teams compliance in areas such as MIFID, mandatory training etc.
- Managing a large team across the region.
- Regionally responsible and accountable for protecting revenue numbers of in excess of $1.4 billion (as of 2017).
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of ten to fifteen years of proven, progressive and broad based Global Liquidity and Cash Management experience or equivalent, including a proven track record in Client Management and experience of managing diverse, cross functional teams, regionally/worldwide.
- Strong managerial, strategic leadership, communications, organizational, decision-making, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge and direct experience of service provision and how customer service impacts client perception.
- Marketing, client engagement awareness including experience in selling and relationship management preferred.
- Ability to lead people and connect at all organizational levels.
- Change Agent with a good track record of implementing a large-scale organizational, procedural, technology and people transformation program.