Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Real Estate, Logistics, Medical, Web Technology
Healthcare Construction Project Management Director|
The purpose of this position is responsibility for the Healthcare Program Solutions (HPS) group of CBRE within an assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Responsible for financial performance of market, program, and client accounts including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting. Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control, staffing (including allocation, if applicable) and full P&L to EBITDA before all allocations.
2. Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
3. Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures. Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
4. Directs all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
5. Develops new business growth and maintains existing business relationships. Responsible for business pursuits, integration with other CBRE business lines, and cross-selling our CBRE business in the assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
6. Exhibits a complete understanding of company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
7. Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
8. Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for client and company.
9. Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
10. Participates in civic and business organizations. Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
Healthcare Industry Knowledge, Important Real Estate Understanding
The following statements represent targeted healthcare industry knowledge and important real estate understanding that will be important to successfully integrating into the team. This knowledge is deemed to be important to enhance the credibility of the professional and team in their engagement with the client.
1. Detailed understanding of the challenges, differences and specialized tasks of a healthcare project (inpatient hospital or multi-specialty ambulatory care, not medical office) vs projects in other industry sectors. Specialized tasks In addition to Essential Responsibilities above include the following:
a. Working with user to develop programming and planning
b. Vendor award, management, coordination and installation of specialized medical equipment
c. Coordination and oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
d. Oversight of the facility activation
e. Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including Department of Health (DOH) Certificate of Need (CON) preparation and pre-occupancy survey in DOH states
f. Detailed Understanding of the complex infrastructure and low voltage requirements of a healthcare facility and the impacts of working in such systems in an active facility.
2. General understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including specific knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions (outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living) and facility differences and trends (patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc).
3. Ability to engage and carry conversations with a healthcare leadership team; including C-Suite presentations and reporting.
4. Basic understanding of real estate structuring, real estate documents, key deal terms (levers), and negotiation processes that occur in finalizing a real estate transaction.
5. Directly supervise, mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff.
6. Develop a detailed understanding of CBRE Healthcare, the services we offer, the clients we serve and the value we provide.
1. Preferred Education – Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/Bang/BArch) required from College or University.
2. Work Experience – 10-12 years of practical work experience in the healthcare project management field. Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) preferred if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
3. Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills.
4. Interpersonal – able to work well with others and participate as a team player.
5. Goal Oriented – able to set goals and achieve them.
6. Organizational Ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and ensure quality of work.
7. Computer Skills – Basic knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for Windows and Project. AutoCAD preferable. Web-based project management system software experience preferable.