Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Military, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Manager of Operations|
- The jobholder will oversee a team of phone collectors in an operational / production environment.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing monthly performance results; both collections and quality metrics, by executing an established coaching framework for improved performance.
- The jobholder will leverage workforce management tools to manage daily, weekly and monthly capacity; to include the monitoring of the Collections Canvas for real time adherence to established schedules to ensure daily performance targets are met.
- The jobholder is responsible for regular interactions across the business to facilitate management decision making activities, capability development, provide the infrastructure for operational controls, the design, support key operational processes and manage change initiatives designed to improve operational efficiencies, control costs or enhance customer experience.
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensures fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations
Impact on the Business
- Analyses and interprets daily production data and makes high quality and timely decisions to improve individual collector and team performance.
- Executes all elements of the Skill Development Model (monthly development plans, call listening sessions, targeted coaching and feedback sessions, etc.)
- Ensure the effective utilization of available resources, develop clearly defined performance objectives, manage call quality and monthly internal audits to ensure compliance requirements are met, and timely remediation of issues identified through the above.
- Effectively communicates all operational requirements and changes to team members
- Proactively manage department performance of through available daily reporting to ensure Collections goals are met.
- Delivering positive outcomes for our customers, which help them to regain financial stability, is fundamental to building a sustainable business.
Customers / Stakeholders
- The jobholder is an honest, competent, inspiring and forward-looking leader who takes ownership for working across the department/function and organization to deliver strong Collections results.
- Responsibility for optimizing the efficiencies and effectiveness of an assigned area, identifying opportunities to improve results, addressing work-related problems and sponsoring beneficial change in order to achieve the best solution for our customers and the organization.
- Timely remediation of escalated customer complaints or issues forwarded by the Executive Office, Customer Relations. Evidences TCF principles are at the forefront within all business practices and ensure decisions are made with the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Interacts with internal RBWM BRCM, Compliance and Legal on all related items.
- Interacts with Global and Regional Operational Support teams to ensure skill development plans are working as designed and gaps remediated and closed.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Plan and prioritise work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Champion and embrace change and innovation in the team.
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice across teams.
- Communicate the HSBC vision, Values and goals to others clearly and consistently to build engagement and an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team members to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Encourage and enable productive teamwork and matrix working, by demonstrating a collaborative approach and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Is responsible for describing a clear and appealing leadership vision, developing enthusiasm and commitment in others, setting an example for others, acknowledging individual contributions and making decisions in a confident and decisive manner.
- Responsible for developing their team’s capabilities in a way that transfers desired skill and knowledge and gains commitment for continuous performance improvement by:
• Giving people the authority, resources and guidance to make informed decisions.
• Providing responsibilities to direct reports, giving them direction and authority to carry them out.
- Gathering information about work activities, checking on the quality of the work produced and evaluating the performance of individuals and the effectiveness of all elements of the team and the wider unit.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintenance of highest standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality management information to stakeholders to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate policies, governance procedures, practices and standards to team members, ensuring they are understood and applied, in order to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance. To ensure their team meet the behavior standards for quality, efficiency and effectiveness. Managing the Quality Assurance process as a line of defense and also as a supervisor and agent coaching tool.
- To be vigilant in the identification and control of risks. Collaboratively working across the operation to escalate/report/resolve issues, suspicious activity or lapses of controls observed. Maintains controls through internal audits and supports remediation efforts.
- Participates in department projects as required and ensures timely completion.
- Optimizing team productivity results adds value to the bottom line for HSBC. Ensuring results are reaches while adhering to all regulatory and internal policy requirements is key.
- The jobholder must have experience in performance management. An enhanced coaching methodology has recently been implemented and the jobholder will need effective organizational and planning skills to ensure all deliverables are met.
- The jobholder works closely with the Business Support team to ensure the coordination of call quality monitors are completed timely and throughout the month. Any appeals needs to be discussed and reviewed by the established time. Effective communication regarding staff scheduling or any items that would cause a change in department reporting is required.
- The jobholder will work in an ever changing environment and must adapt accordingly. Challenges include changes to current process and strategy, along with remediation of identified gaps in policy and/or procedures.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- Ensure compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC, regulatory standards and policy; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing and remediating any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to effectively analyze data and manage performance to ensure established goals are met.
- Proven leadership capability and effective written and verbal communication required
- Proven capability to work across business/functions throughout the organization
- Proficiency with relevant software programs; specifically Microsoft Excel and Power Point.