||Jersey City, NJ
|| Accounting/Auditing, Administrative and Support Services, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Executive Management, Logistics
HSBC Securities Services Change Manager|
Business Manager for the HSBC Securities Services (HSS) Americas COO team. Core responsibilities are to support the regional governance committee construct and provide business administrative support for the HSS Regional Head and COO. This includes internal reporting requirements for business key performance measures as well as external reporting to HSBC functions.
In addition, this role has a responsibility to provide change management support for select projects required to support the HSS business. Change management roles will vary according to the requirements of each initiative.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Intergroup Service Level Agreements / Performance Level Agreements:
- Submissions, maintenance, training and attestation
- Central contact person for HSS Americas for all PLA/IGSA related inquiries
- HSS / Corporate Trust & Loan Agency (CTLA) Americas staff Training:
- Facilitate and cascade important training requirements – in coordination with LRTOD
- Formalize materials to ensure relevance for HSS/CTLA business needs
- Staff/Contractor/Consultant On-boarding process:
- Vendor relationship management and accounts payable support as needed (via BuySmart system)
- Recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding (pertaining to central team functions)
- Floor plan management
- Vendor on-boarding process:
- PEET (Procurement system and process) submission process
- Travel & Expense:
- Tracking and reporting plan vs actual
- Business Administration and Reporting:
- Quarterly HNAH Product Risk - support routine reporting and amendments to control process and approval grid
- Head Count Report Management (Monthly)
- Management reporting (ManCo, People Agenda, etc.) per Terms of Reference
- Management Scorecard roll out
- Townhall logistics, presentation materials and participant feedback (surveys)
- Projects and Ad hoc initiatives – As agreed with Regional Head and Regional COO
- HSS Americas Staff Communications – in coordination with global HSS communications team
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Empowered to make decisions relating to certain T&E expenditures and Training needs
- Decide applicability and importance/priority of information presented to senior regional HSBC management
- Determine timing, structure and logistics of communications channels, content and venues
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) including Visio & Sharepoint; Clarity is a plus
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management capabilities
- Experienced project manager with critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing business requirements, gap analyses, process flows and project plans
- Capable of working under pressure and delivering results on time and within budget
- Knowledge of custody, fund administration, corporate trust and loan agency products is preferred
- Series 99 (or an equivalent license, e.g. Series 7