Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||SCCA Proton Therapy Center
||Seattle, WA US
|| Administrative and Support Services, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Medical, Web Technology
Patient Care Coordinator|
The Patient Care Coordinator will schedule all routine and non-routine medical services. In addition, assists patients with coordinating referrals to other healthcare providers and services.
The Patient Care Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative tasks in collaboration with the providers and the treatment team to ensure patient and family needs are met.
To apply for this position, please see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Schedules all appointments in Mosaiq and EPIC including: consults, on treatment visits (OTV), follow-up visits, nursing visits, simulations, daily radiation treatments, and other team member appointments.
- Enters appointments in Mosaiq and Epic making sure they’re congruent with one another.
- Coordinates scheduling and referrals to other health care providers and services (Fiducial Marker, SpaceOars, Chemotherapy, Stent placement , labs, imaging studies such as MRI/CT etc.)
- Maintains and updates providers’ templates and clinic schedules.
- Maintains and schedules patients’ follow-up letters, appointments, and documents on a routine basis.
- Ensures new patients are being scheduled in a timely manner (within 5 days from referral)
- Answers the telephone in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner; directing calls as appropriate.
- Answers phone and triages patient calls.
- Using clinic guidelines, gathers information on the telephone regarding the nature of the patient concern. Triages calls to appropriate staff; obtains necessary information for the return call; initiates emergency procedure when necessary; uses appropriate documentation tools.
- Communicates basic information to patients such as parking and driving directions.
- Manages referral queue.
- Obtains necessary insurance plan information.
- Maintains ongoing documentation and tracks authorized referrals.
- Ensures that all referrals are properly linked to appointments.
Medical Record Activities:
- Orders, coordinates, and distributes medical records as needed.
- Coordinates the receiving of outside medical information and distribution to appropriate personnel.
- Enters medical appointments, special office instructions and special educations.
- Assists in orientating and training new staff.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations, maintains strict confidentiality of patient information.
- Reviews email daily to stay current with clinic communication.
- Sorts and distributes faxes and mail on a daily basis.
- Provides coverage, when necessary and possible, to Intake Administrative Assistant and Concierge desk.
- Uses critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems.
- Accountable for exceptional customer service and patient care standards.
- Serves as a patient advocate, identifying and ensuring patient/family needs are met.
Work Experience Requirements:
1-2 years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting preferred
1-2 years of direct patient care experience preferred
Experience in oncology setting preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
Exemplary customer satisfaction skills are a priority, including dealing effectively with the public, both in person and over the telephone.
Establish and maintain positive and professional cooperative working relationships, fostering a team environment.
Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively multi-task under pressure.
Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
Ability to exercise independent and critical thinking and use good judgment when appropriate.
Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal (including phone) communication skills.
Knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedures and equipment.
Experience and competent in using EMR and other computer based programs.
Competitive candidates will have demonstrated clerical experience and previous experience working with patients. Inherent to success in this position are strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Click here to apply for the PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR position
SCCA Proton Therapy Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!