Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Contact Center Sales Manager|
To ensure a high quality, consistent learning experience is delivered to all new recruits, working in collaboration with our learning teams. Manages the day-to-day operations of the Academy team within the Contact Centre. Takes accountability for the performance of the academy team and all that they do, contributing to the successful delivery of best in class standards whilst remaining within key operational performance parameters (sales and operational targets). When necessary provide floor support and take customer phone calls to keep up to date with latest call centre priorities and maintain qualified with accreditations.
Impact on the Business
- Take accountability for the performance of the Academy Team and all that they do (compliance, quality and sales performance), contributing to the successful delivery of best in class standards whilst remaining within key operational performance parameters (sales and operational targets)
- Understand Business Intelligence data and be able to translate into individual team performance plans matching key development priorities
- Plan and prioritise work appropriately e.g. considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Take accountability and place emphasis on building on the learning gained from induction and maximizing the speed to competence of all new recruits and monitoring progress.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Participate in the review of new hire induction curriculum, provide training on soft skills, deliver technical training and take the lead in identifying gaps and opportunities within new hire training and feeding back learning
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, working collaboratively with the trainers and team managers to ensure associates are ready to join production and are provided all the tools for success
- Takes customer calls when not managing academy trainees and ensures all accreditations are maintained
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed by new recruits in accordance with bank timelines.
- Sets proper trainee expectations and provides high quality, effective training which incorporates the HSBC brand values.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Take full accountability for coaching, performance management and absence management of the academy team
- Managing employee related concerns such as retention, absenteeism, morale, conflict resolution, employee grievances and under-performance in compliance with local disciplinary procedures and authority levels.
- Embed learning and fully support individuals through the welcome and on-boarding stage of the induction programme and set stretching goals for self and team
- Act as a role model for our Group values and behaviours, authentically engaging with your team, colleagues and customers to deliver Superior Customer Service
- Demonstrates professionalism and confidence
- Maintain best place to bank principles through coaching and training
- Provide mentoring to assist new join members for taking on a new skill
- Undertake new hire disciplinaries i.e. around attendance, referencing etc.Ownership of performance and Personal Development Plans for new recruits, newly cross-trained executives and/ or the teams supporting the mentoring/ coaching of these executives
- To motivate and lead a team of new recruits, newly cross trained executives and/ or coaches/ managers of those executivesin a contact centre environment. le. Responsible for ensuring each team member is achieving individual learning targets and /or sales goals whilst maintaining quality whilst in Academy environment
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centres
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centres
- Continually review work practices to improve productivity, whilst identifying activity that compromises ability to spend time with individuals or your team
- Overall collation of coaching files and audit checks for all employees whilst in Academy environment
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensuring accuracy of materials used in a learning environment within constant change, i.e. technical materials
- Coaching and developing a diverse team which handles varying customer queries across several products and propositions
- Manage resource proactively within the Academy team to ensure all new recruits receive a supportive and consistent learning experience despite resource pressures from elsewhere.
- Managing own time to balance technical understanding and team/business leadership in order to influence effective outcomes under the two quadrants of the scorecard.
- Setting the initial culture of innovation and excellence
- Adapting to changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes) and the ever-changing regulatory environment
- Achieve new joiner retention targets for your site and attendance management metrics and share best practice across Direct Banking to implement positive change as appropriate.
- Understanding when agents require more support versus moving them to the live call centre environment
- Ensure there is a consistent experience for all new recruits across teams and segments.
- Tailor all learning activity based on individual needs and business requirements
- The role operates within a HSBC RBWM Contact Centre. This is a high profile, highly regulated environment and the role holder must have the ability to react quickly to changing priorities by being flexible, proactive and cooperative at all times.
- Our people in the Contact Centres are the first point of contact for HSBC customers, each centre taking thousands of calls each day, inbound and outbound. In order to deliver Superior Service to our customers, we need to be able to build effective rapport at the first point of contact to ensure we continue to be trusted with their financial needs.
- The Academy Manager role is integral to monitoring this first point of contact, ensuring all contact remains within mandatory constraints and legislation as appropriate, and identifying the development needs of our executives to enable them to continue to deliver a superior service and value added sales and ensuring the development of new executives to competence
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM. Ensure there is sufficient focus and robust evaluation placed on new recruits in line with group regulations.
- Ensuring the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold
- Take account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take into account the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years proven and progressive customer service experience or equivalent, preferably within a call center environment
- Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, developing others and motivation skills
- Consolidated experience of the different business segments in HSBC
- Ability to train and facilitate (and design curriculum is a plus)
- Awareness/ proficiency in all products and propositions
- Must be proficient in the language(s) required by the process
- Open to working flexible schedules
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Proficiency with bank systems, basic software packages and specialized applications
- Have a positive , can do attitude with a desire to get things right first time every time , and works around limitations
- Can use their own initiative with the ability to focus on the important details to deliver a high-quality professional service
- Excellent communication skills