Senior Premier Relationship Officer|
The Premier proposition is a strategic priority for HSBC and the role of Premier Officer is a key supporting role in the achievement of the proposition objectives. This role is a part of the Premier relationship team and a key relationship support role created to provide an outstanding customer experience to the valuable Premier clients and increase Premier Relationship Manager’s (PRM’s) client facing time. The role provides dedicated support to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRM) in the overall achievement of their income plans (covering acquisition, cross sales, retention, and growth of their portfolios) and day to day contact with their clients in the delivery of the proposition objectives. In order to deliver client centric service, this role is identified as a point of contact for clients and in the absence of the PRM, this role will be the first point of contact for the client. In addition, the Premier Officer may provide credit/lending support to the PRM if dictated by market requirements. Building an ongoing relationship based on value and service is critical to being successful in this role.
In order to deliver a high quality service to our highest value personal clients the role holder will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of banking products and services across wealth and retail.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Provide high quality sales support to a team of PRMs mainly focused on getting appointment for PRMs and supporting PRMs in servicing their clients.
- Reduce the time spent on process and administrative tasks by PRM to increase PRM’s capacity.
- Support PRMs to manage client contact and service, including, in the absence of PRMs, answering client calls, resolving client enquiries on transactional needs and facilitating a smooth hand-off to the correct channels where appropriate, and managing key event reminders to maintain active client contact.
- Provide sales support to PRMs including preparing and completing sales documents, managing data input and report generation, and liaising with support functions to follow through client purchase process requirement.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Handle client’s enquiries relating to the PRM’s portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer’s queries at the first point of contact and minimise referrals to the PRM for routine transactions.
- Has strong knowledge of the PRM’s portfolio of clients with the support of CRMS and analytical tools.
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact.
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Support PRMs to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfil their needs and ensure efficient follow up.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate effectively and works well with other teams within the Branch, Call Centre, HTS, and other relevant partners that impact the client’s experience of HSBC; in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards.
- Efficiently manages time in order to support different PRMs concurrently.
- Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to branch management and HTS to improve products and service processes.
- Delivering the firm - Put the client at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, sales processes, client correspondence, financial promotions, administration, and complaint handling.
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls.
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function)
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by: Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong decision making and ability to deliver
- Minimum of three years working in financial services industry
- Knowledge of brokerage products and services, operations supporting them and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery
- Previous experience in Retail/Premier Bank sales preferred
- Understanding of core products, Premier proposition, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
- Understanding of relationship management systems (CRM and RM Platform, etc.)
- Solid understanding of appropriate branch operational procedures
- Money Laundering Awareness Certificate held
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in US
- Good knowledge of HSBC and personal banking
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Ensure delivery of high quality client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Makes considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients
- Series 7, 63 and life and health insurance licenses required. Must be registered or obtain approval for registration with the necessary States where registered representative will be conducting business