Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||SCCA Proton Therapy Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Healthcare, Other, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Executive Management, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Medical, Web Technology
Supervisor, Radiation Therapy|
Reporting to the Manager, Radiation Therapy Services, the incumbent ensures that all treatment room team members adhere to treatment and CT protocols, policies and procedures governing the high quality and compassionate delivery of radiation therapy treatments / simulations. The Supervisor will be the technical and managerial expert and the go-to person in their assigned area. The Supervisor will be responsible for immediate supervision of all treatment / simulation procedures in their assigned area, and the Treatment Team Assistants. The Supervisor will work as a liaison between treatment staff and other center staff.
To apply for this position, please see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Serves as a technical, procedural and management expert in their assigned treatment area.
- Performs daily radiation treatments and /or simulation procedures approximately 40% of the time.
- Provides high quality, compassionate and consistent care.
- Works closely with RN/MD staff on communicating side effects, weekly treatment management and treatment delivery schedules.
- Insures all policies, protocols and procedures are followed, including HIPPA compliance.
- Maintains work area to JCAHO standards and maintains proper supplies stock in the treatment and simulation area.
- Completes timely performance evaluations for team members as assigned by the Vice President, Operations.
- Establishes and maintains efficient patient schedule.
- Establishes and maintains staff allocation schedule.
- Reports any equipment problems to engineering staff promptly and assists, if required, to investigate problem.
- Monitors team members’ use of center resources, including overtime worked, scheduled breaks, shift work hours.
- Reviews patient electronic charts for accuracy and completeness, including billing.
- Works with patients to provide convenient appointment schedules.
- Facilitates staff’s attendance of training sessions.
- Compiles reports of any deviations in planned treatment delivery and notifies Manager immediately.
- Assists with pre/post treatment clinical and billing compliance documentation procedures.
Work Experience Requirements
- Two or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Radiation Therapist
Required Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of modern radiation therapy systems and sub-systems.
- Extensive knowledge of simulation, imaging and treatment procedures.
- Computer skills including Mosaic or Aria, , Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Able to multitask.
- Technical problem solving and critical thinking.
- Provide excellent care for all patients, regardless of age, race, sexual orientation or religion.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
- Ability to travel for educational/training purposes.
- Ability to demonstrate teaching and coaching skills.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs of equipment or weight of patient in wheelchair transfer.
- Physical ability to reach six feet above the floor.
- Able to walk for majority of assigned shift.
- Flexibility/Managing Change
- Leadership/Provide Motivational Support
- Fostering Teamwork
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills/Decision Making
- ARRT current certification in Radiation Therapy, with full CE compliance.
- Bachelor degree preferred, associate degree required.
- Washington Radiologic Technologist license
- ProCure utilizes RFID (Radio-Frequency IDentification) tags at the centers for the purposes of analysis of productivity and patient throughput. This information is not for use as a management tool for employee performance issues.
- Exposures to hazardous risks include radiation exposure (under the ALARA principle), potential exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury doe to lifting. Required to follow universal precautions. Exposure to cleaning/sterilization agents. Hazards will be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized. Work is mainly performed in an area with no natural light, and in close proximity to other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Every ProCure employee is responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the facility.
Click here to apply for the SUPERVISOR, RADIATION THERAPY position
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
SCCA Proton Therapy Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!