Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Sales, Executive Management
Supporting one or more Global Relationship Bankers on a number of specific accounts.
To provide support in deepening client relationships and improving income generation through focused relationship management support activities.
- Identify marketing opportunities, undertaking appropriate analysis and preparation of proposals, presentations and pitches for new products and services.
- Liaise with members of the client service team, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to enhancing the client relationship.
- Monitor income generation and effectively manage the financial reporting and analysis for the client portfolio
- Develop and maintain individual client plans.
- Provide general support to the Global Relationship Bankers in servicing client relationships and enhancing income generation.
- Prepare briefing notes for the Global Relationship Banker in advance of key client meetings
- Act as main point of contact for clients and internal colleagues, and effectively manage inquiries, in absence of Global Relationship Banker.
- Establish strong relationships with key individuals in client’s management team
- Where required, to provide high quality industry sector, competitor and client level analysis to support the credit application process.
- Where required, to prepare structured and focused application remarks for clients within the sector, covering renewals, new money and new, new money applications.
- Where required, to undertake added value work on behalf of the sector in relations to various credit returns e.g. LER, Industry caps, PQR etc whilst leaving final responsibility and sign off with the Sector Head or Global Account Owner/Global Account Manager as appropriate.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Undertake all required activities as directed by line manager or as agreed in annual objectives in support of the furtherment of the Global Banking business.
Interpersonal and Personal Effectiveness
- Collaborate with others across Global Banking to achieve the overall goal of Global Banking and specifically the Coverage Model.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles.
- Share information, knowledge and ideas with the team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards.
- Take an active role in initiatives outside of own role; proactively seeking different assignments to accelerate learning
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to provide marketing support to Global Relationship Bankers
- Ability to establish rapport with members of client’s management team
- Ability to provide good credit analysis support to Global Relationship Bankers
- Strong/Advanced pc skills (excel, powerpoint etc)
- Ability to research and develop themes for business meetings
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the spectrum of Global Banking & Markets products and services
- Understanding of risk management and credit mitigants
- Good level of financial analysis ability
- Ability to undertake in depth review of industry, competitors, client and products and provide a high quality analysis of credit risk.
- Active FINRA series 7, 63 and 79 required. On an exception basis, a 120 contingency period can be provided to obtain the licenses, strictly at the manager’s discretion.
- Knowledge of HSBC Group structures a plus