Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Milton Hershey School
||Hershey, PA United States
|| Personal Care and Service
Full-Time Houseparents |
Do you love working with children and youth to shape their lives in a positive direction? Do you enjoy working with your spouse? Would you enjoy managing a large-scale home and creating family traditions for those in your care? Consider Flex Houseparenting at the Milton Hershey School in Hershey, Pennsylvania!!
Milton Hershey School Flex Houseparents live and work in homes on campus with 8 to 12 children. Flex Houseparents are care-givers and role models for the students - living with them in campus homes. Flex Houseparents oversee the children's daily lives including the start of their day (prayer/devotions, healthy breakfast, appropriate dress & to school on-time) as well as upon their return from classes (healthy dinners, homework, chores, driving to/from extra-curricular in school vans, & to bed in a timely manner). Also responsible for administrative duties, home management, Sunday chapel attendance with students, meeting participation & training attendance.
Flex Houseparents actively engage with the students as they oversee the students and the home so the children live & learn in caring well-structured homes. Flex Houseparents also partner with the students, teachers, health professionals, administrators, & students' parents/guardians to ensure students reach their full potential.
Milton Hershey Flex Houseparents work in a “flex arrangement”, working in a variety of homes until placed in an assigned home or quad of homes. This position is a year round position. Flex Houseparents work 12 days on & 3 days off. Private apartments for the Flex House-parents are provided, NO PETS permitted. Flex Houseparent couples are permitted to have up to two of their own children residing with them.
Minimum starting salary per married couple is $71,238.00. Housing, utilities & meals are provided by nature of the job. Additionally, there is an excellent benefits package. Paid training and relocation assistance is provided. For more details about this position, view the link “careers as a houseparent” on the employment page. The hiring process takes up to 4 months. Apply now for classes slated to start in January, March or September of 2018.
Qualifications & Requirements
• To apply, married couples must complete separate on-line applications & provide different individual e-mail addresses.
• Couples should be legally married for at least 3 years.
• Both spouses must be at least age 27.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent as a minimum.
• Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
• Demonstrated successful experience (paid or volunteer) working with children, preferably children from poverty.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with children, youth & adults.
• Organizational & budgeting skills.
• Demonstrated success independently managing dynamic environments.
• Flexibility required.
• Must be willing and able to work in student homes of either gender or various age ranges.
• Capable of handling emergency responses including medical.
• Each spouse must have a valid driver's license in good standing & willingness to learn to drive a 10-passenger van.
• No more than two dependent children in residence.
• No pets permitted
• Fluency in English required & fluency in Spanish a plus.
• Please note the selection/hiring process is extensive including on-line application & assessment, phone screens, on-campus interview, reference checks, in-depth background checks & medical clearances, which includes a 50 lbs. lift test.
• U.S. Work Authorization required.
Milton Hershey School|
For more than 100 years, Milton Hershey School has helped children to realize their full potential by offering a top-notch education to students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families.
Milton Hershey School is a cost-free, private, coeducational school in Hershey, PA. We offer state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology and hundreds of extracurricular activities.
Milton and Catherine Hershey established the school in 1909 to provide a positive, structured home life year-round to help children gain the skills to be successful in all aspects of life.
Today, more than 2,000 students from across the U.S. attend Milton Hershey School. They have access to unique award-winning programs, experienced teachers and caring adult mentors.
Our curriculum includes rigorous academics with opportunities for hands-on learning, after-school homework hours and tutoring assistance. Because our class sizes are small, students get individualized attention and the opportunity to explore their own interests and abilities.
We believe all children deserve the very best education regardless of their financial circumstances. A family’s income should not determine a child’s outcome.