Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Hershey, PA United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Director of Training and Development|
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Director of Training and Development to oversee the training and general professional development for the School’s employee workforce of over 1,200 full-time staff and 300 part-time staff. Milton Hershey School serves a student body of over 2,000 students from lower-income and is currently expanding to serve 2,300 students. This position will play a key role in overseeing strategic on-boarding of new staff, as well as other key initiatives including the development of a leadership program, the revamping of a performance management program, the implementation of an ELM, leveraging e-learning opportunities and more.
The Director of Training works closely with the VP of HR to develop ongoing education and development for all management team members and plays a consultative role for the Senior Leadership Team regarding professional development for all staff. Assessment of organizational needs followed by researching, designing, implementing, and evaluating programs is a key component of the role. This position also collaborates closely with other key training and development professionals within the organization including those that oversee the onboarding and development of residential staff and faculty.
There is a critical component of ensuring all staff adhere to requirements for training and certifications. Leveraging and developing data tracking, reporting, and analytics is an essential aspect of the job. Supervision of the School's tuition reimbursement and sabbatical programs is also a responsibility. Further, this position manages a budget and 2 staff members, as well as contracts with training vendors.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Master’s degree in Organizational Development or closely related field.
• 8 or more years’ experience in Training and Development with at least 3 years of experience working in a Training Director role working directly with VP level staff.
• Demonstrated success in organization-wide change and project management from concept through implementation and follow-up evaluation.
• Exceptional organizational skills including demonstrated success in successfully managing projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written. Dynamic platform skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate and collaborate.
• Demonstrated success in leveraging technology for education and development, including the utilization of ELM. Experience with Peoplesoft a plus.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
For more than 100 years, Milton Hershey School has helped children to realize their full potential by offering a top-notch education to students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families.
Milton Hershey School is a cost-free, private, coeducational school in Hershey, PA. We offer state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology and hundreds of extracurricular activities.
Milton and Catherine Hershey established the school in 1909 to provide a positive, structured home life year-round to help children gain the skills to be successful in all aspects of life.
Today, more than 2,000 students from across the U.S. attend Milton Hershey School. They have access to unique award-winning programs, experienced teachers and caring adult mentors.
Our curriculum includes rigorous academics with opportunities for hands-on learning, after-school homework hours and tutoring assistance. Because our class sizes are small, students get individualized attention and the opportunity to explore their own interests and abilities.
We believe all children deserve the very best education regardless of their financial circumstances. A family’s income should not determine a child’s outcome.