Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Deerfield, IL United States
|| Construction, Mining and Trades, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Leadership position to provide cost strategy and long range planning to a multi-billion dollar company. This position will lead a team of (3) estimators to develop the financial strategy and business case inputs to bring our newest strategies to life and continue with our 50,000 store touches annually. The strategy includes evaluation of market risk and inputs to determine costs, locations, and long term investments.
- Is the subject matter expert and manages team responsible for the production of accurate construction capital estimates for a broad scope of projects. The total estimates for projects typically exceeds $2 billion annually.
- Creates and leads new format cost development. Integrates the needs of associated stakeholders and provide cost advisement solutions to drive sales and reduce total cost of ownership. Is accountable to all stakeholders to convey and update solutions regularly.
- Creates new and existing estimating processes and templates to provide accurate and timely cost information to multiple stakeholders. Provides key analysis of risk potential and impact to financial return. Develops and is accountable for a database of typical project element costs and times on a regional basis and utilizes the results to build benchmarks and element estimates from which master elements are derived.
- Is the subject matter expert providing solutions / decisions for the implementation of new format or strategic decisions to advise potential inclusions of scope to all new and existing projects.
- Creates trend models for stakeholders to view total cost of ownership in multiple project types.
- Provides guidance, and leadership to subordinates and matrixed support team members to effect the timely analysis of capital cost allocation.
- Provides value engineering solutions as part of continuous feedback loop of project cost, schedule, quality, and customer service impacts of projects.
- Reviews accuracy of cost estimates to rollout opportunities based on processes and templates created. Revisits and implements lessons learned to new strategic changes.
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within Walgreens to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.