Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Deerfield, IL United States
|| Healthcare, Other, Legal, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior Paralegal, Employment Law & Employee Benefits|
Under the general supervision of an attorney or manager, applies advanced knowledge of complex legal concepts and processes to assist in the more efficient operation of the law department by undertaking a variety of paraprofessional duties.
Specifically, our Senior Paralegal, Employment Law and Employee Benefits role provides general paralegal support on employment law matters while conducting legal research, investigating claims and preparing factual and legal research summaries. Additional areas of impact include:
- Prepares draft position statements in response to administrative claims filed before federal, state and local agencies.
- Stays current on changes in laws and procedures specifically relating to employment law and employment benefit matters.
- Provides support for the compensation and benefits legal area, including ERISA litigation, benefit plan documentation, vendor agreements and employee claims/appeals.
- Researches complex legal issues and relevant topics relating to Walgreens business operations. Investigates facts and applicable law and searches pertinent sources. Administers complex legal department activities.
- Organizes and maintains department databases and files on a variety of legal subjects.
- Drafts complex legal documents, communications and reports under general attorney supervision.
- Resolves more complex legal questions through the application of applicable law to pertinent facts.
- May coach or mentor less experienced paraprofessionals.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.