Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Manager, Customer Analytics|
This role is part of the functional Global RBWM Customer Analytics COE and specifically provides managerial analytic support for the North American business entities. The role will involve the management of the client relationship and ownership & completion of multiple analytic projects in support of primarily RBWM, but also CMB initiatives. Analytic projects can cover any business area that the department supports across Customer, CRM, Product, Channel, Network, Marketing and Operational / AML Risk. The role is responsible for conducting on an independent basis the quantitative analysis to support the development and monitoring of analytic solutions & tools including; strategy development, modeling, segmentation, profile analysis, geo-mapping The role will work with Senior Analytic Managers to assist in building out analytic project plans, own and manage multiple analytic projects and structure the analysis to identify business insights and high-value business opportunities.
Impact of the Business
- Drives forward multiple customer, product or channel analytic projects that provide insights, guides strategy formulation, aids resource optimization and delivers best in class analytic solutions.
- Improve the effectiveness of customer acquisition, customer wallet share deepening, customer value management and customer retention.
- Develop, implement, monitor & evaluate analytic solutions that provide sizeable financial benefits to the organization.
- Independent development and ongoing evaluation of statistical models and tools, including; response, next best product, attrition, profitability, customer value, price elasticity, price simulator, pay-down, geo-maps, financial forecasts, channel optimization.
- Manage analytic deliverables to assist the development of Customer Operating Plans, Long Range Channel Strategies, Customer Contact Strategies and Product Pricing strategies.
- Assist the business evolve to being analytically driven, that uses analytical insight in key strategic decision making and supports an analytical test & learn culture.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Major stakeholders are RBWM and CMB business functions, plus other support functions including Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Corporate Real Estate, and Asset & Liability Management.
- Primary support is provided to major stakeholders within CVM; Propositions, CRM, Product (Assets & Liabilities) and Customer Experience.
- A high level of support is also provided to other areas of RBWM; Distribution (Network & Contact Centers), Digital, Business Performance, and Wealth Management.
- Increasing support is provided to Group stakeholders directly across Proposition, Product, CRM, Digital and Wealth Management through the coordinated Global RBWM Analytics COE programs
Leadership & Teamwork
- To support the Head of Customer Analytics in providing a high quality, customer driven analytic function.
- Maintain strong relationships with all local and offshore analytic team members, key partners and stakeholders across the organization.
- Work with all RBWM stakeholders & teams to develop and implement best-in-class analytic solutions to drive business financial benefit & improve customer experience.
- Help to communicate and adopt HSBC Group analytic best practices in conjunction with other Regional Analytic teams across the Analytics COE.
- Provide guidance, direction, mentoring & coaching to analysts within both the in country and offshore analytic teams.
- Represent the local in country analytic team for the specific analytic projects owned and personal accountabilities.
- Provide support across the Analytic and CVM/RBWM teams with proactive leadership, organization and participation in Employee Engagement activities
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the programming and monitoring of actionable analytic solutions that support the defined strategy and business process.
- Produce / review required reporting, KPIs and programming logs in line with all internal processes & procedures and good governance.
- Undertake post implementation reviews of analytic projects to further enhance the quality of future strategies & solutions.
- Proactively identify & plan for risks and provide mitigating actions.
- Support the agenda on Global Standards and ensure all Regulatory projects are delivered in a timely manner and with high quality
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Assisting the transformation of the business to achieve the Target Business Model by implementation of the RBWM Target Operating models.
- Regulatory challenges.
- Major ongoing business transformational & system changes in North America.
- Multiple stakeholders and cross functional project support resulting in a significant need for collaboration. Maintaining a customer centric focus by providing a holistic view of customer information.
- Multiple stakeholder demands and an ever increasing need for analytical support require ongoing project prioritization
- Regulatory challenges and increasing need to dedicate time to Compliance & Regulatory work.
- Challenging competitive landscape and continued low interest environment
- HSBC and industry evolution of distribution and channel strategies to lower cost emerging technology.
- HSBC’s focus on Global Standards for the business
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of six years proven and progressive analytic experience or equivalent, preferred in Customer, Product, Marketing, Channel or Risk analytics.
- Master’s degree preferred / Bachelor’s degree required in business, statistics, economics, finance, information systems or operation research field.
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills, including customer segmentation, statistical modeling, database marketing and portfolio management, plus knowledge of analytical methodologies for optimizing and evaluating analytic solutions.
- Proven problem solving, planning, project management and decision-making skills,
- Proven ability to analyze data, develop insights and recommend business strategy changes with associated financial benefits.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong team player and ability to support & supervise less experienced analysts both locally and offshore.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple analytical projects, develop project plans and communicate with Senior Management & Stakeholders.
- Financial Industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of competition, products offered in the financial services industry, plus laws and regulations affecting their delivery.
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAS is required, plus working knowledge of SQL, UNIX and Mainframe is preferred.
- Knowledge of Geographic Mapping tools would be beneficial for specific analytic projects.
- Strong PC literacy, specifically MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |