||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Sales, Telecommunications, Executive Management, Research & Development
Research Associate - Telecom, Media, and Technology Equity Research|
Support the Senior Latin America Telecom, Media, and Technology (TMT) Equity Analyst in researching and compiling studies of industry groups and analysis of c. 15 individual companies and their securities within the publicly listed LatAm Telecom, Media, and Technology Sector, focused on Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina.
To be the Senior Equity Analyst on 3-5 individual companies in specific TMT sub-sectors of the regional sector.
- Support the development of sources of research information on assigned industries and/or companies in the specific industry /coverage area
- Prepares regular written research reports summarizing findings of analysis including estimates of expected current year-end business results.
- Responds to requests from sales force and investing clients for analysis/advice within assigned area.
- Makes presentations to clients, industry groups and internal departments. Develops and distributes written materials and reports.
- Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
- Uses initiative and independent judgment to analyze, problem solve and proactively respond to internal staff and external client issues. Expected to make the necessary decisions to carry out own job responsibilities and meet primary goals and objectives. Evaluates and escalates complex issues and/or problems to manager.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5 years’ Research associate experience; minimum of 5 years’ experience with financial modeling and/or forecasting.
- Significant experience covering the LatAm Telecom, Media, and Technology sector
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field of research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Prior experience covering or working in the LatAm TMT sector
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation strongly preferred