Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Military, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Financial Crime Compliance Analyst|
This role is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the Quality Control Analyst reviews in accordance to department policies and procedures in an effort to improve the overall quality of the HNAH AML program. Strive to continually improve processes and ensure they remain in compliance with all applicable laws and internal policies and procedures. Issue management reports accurately and in a timely manner. Support the monitoring/investigations unit managers with training and development of themselves and their teams. The Senior Quality Control Analyst maintains and displays a full understanding of all lines of business by handling reporting metrics, alert allocation, peer disputes and escalations as well as identifying red flags according to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Global Sanctions in order to reduce any possible risk to the bank.
Impact on the Business
- Prepare and present quality assurance reports to monitoring/investigations units and senior management.
- Support the training and development of AML investigators to continuously improve investigation quality; support and conduct training workshops, where necessary.
- Review and respond to disputes raised during the dispute process as a result of the management reporting
- Provide expertise and support to the Quality Control Analysts and act as a coach to new team members reinforcing and advancing their skills and techniques.
- Maintain awareness of AML/BSA trends and other related industry practices helping ensure external knowledge and focus is not lost.
- Participate in special AML Compliance reviews, projects and training efforts, as required
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
Customers / Stakeholders
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with business partners, as applicable.
- Maintain high quality standards and avoid rework on the quality review completed Effectively cascade any process related communication like process changes; updates etc., to all related stake holders. Also provide structured coaching on an on-going basis to help improve individual operator performance by conducting quality huddles and timely feedback which is duly signed off
- Act as a process expert and extends support to the operations team by share best practices amongst quality and the operations teams
- Conduct effective timely Quality hours with the operations teams to help enable continuous improvement within the processes
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be able to work both independently and in team-oriented contexts.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management to contribute to improved quality and efficiency of area activities.
- Communicate effectively with the teams while providing support and driving quality initiatives.
- Ensure adequate development and coaching is provided to the team to develop skills and competencies within respective site / team. Support the team by providing timely feedback and inputs on individual performance
- Facilitate process efficiencies and recommend process changes through engagement with the operations team
- Teams to help enable continuous improvement within the processes
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Work as an independent function while performing the 1st line of defense, with no conflict of interest.
- Ensure employees adhere to the established operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies, especially given the regulatory implications associated with Compliance Operations
- Support the assistant managers while driving operational motivators within the site to drive improvised quality results
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Manage time effectively to complete all assigned tasks
- To acquire an in depth understanding of the quality measuring procedures and the training requirements of the processes.
- Be proactive to put forward plans and able to prevent potential fraudulent situations
- Be able to generate, understand and also interpret MI reports on quality reviews conducted.
- Flexibility in adopting changes as per the department requirements.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Drive standardized Quality process through the quality tools provided
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Adheres to HNAH’s Statement of Business Principles and Code of Ethics.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Apply compliance; maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators; adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events. Abide by human resources and other HSBC policies in support of our ethical and respectful work environment.
- Adhere to the code of conduct and HSBC values at all times.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive audit, compliance, financial services operations experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting or equivalent experience.
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving, communications and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Preferably from the Commerce or Finance background
- Knowledge of various Banking Products (Eg. Savings Bank Account, Current Accounts, Business Account etc)
- AML Compliance Product Knowledge relating to Money Laundering, Crime and Terrorist financing
- General understanding of Financial Products and Markets.
- Good understanding of Internet and its usage
- Political, Social and Economic knowledge of countries that are major players in the global economy
- Sound understanding of the AML Regulatory requirements
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, and write reports effectively
- Ability to learn quickly, transfer knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data.
- Evidence of good analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends and make projections.
- Well-developed investigation skills, and highly skilled in report writing