Vice President Quality Assurance Manager|
To lead FCC & RC Operations Quality Assurance team for the assigned region. The incumbent will own “quality” for the Regional FCC & RC operations organization. Manage quality strategy and performance output both Onshore and Offshore, drawing on production management functionality, risk control, training and subject matter expertise to continually maintain consistent global standards, check and enhance process as and when required.
Leads a team in the effective execution of the AML QA program in support of HNAH AML program objectives.
Recommend strategic initiative projects designed to enhance overall business performance and support the HNAH AML Program strategy.
Directs the activities of functional team through the leadership, management, development and evaluation of staff.
Implements and monitors the performance of the business through use of well-designed processes, workflows, evaluation tools, feedback mechanisms, leveraged systems and technologies.
Ensure adherence to applicable statutes and regulations, as well as, HSBC guidelines, policies and procedures.
Impact on the Business
- Plan, document, evaluate and maintain an AML Quality Assurance Program. Ensure documented processes and actual practices are aligned with policies. Review department reports and take appropriate action ensuring attainment of the programs operational objectives and strategic goals.
- Monitor overall results of AML QA reviews and report to Senior Management trends, performance against plan and significant findings. Recommend policy/procedural and operational enhancements to ensure a sustainable, risk-based AML Program.
- May direct and/or participate in project management across multiple sites to ensure timely delivery of approved projects and ensure a quality product. Act as AML Quality Assurance SME and ensure QA is represented in all significant AML projects/initiatives. .
- Ensure all required turnaround times are met for all commitments made to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review findings of CTAC, audit and regulators; oversee development and implementation of remediation plans to address findings, as applicable. Act as the AML liaison to CTAC, audit and regulators.
- Promote awareness of policies, laws and regulations via effective communication and training.
- Develop robust procedures, tools and metrics to effectively run a QA program. Ensure that QA program utilizes an objective, statistically driven methodology.
- Engagement with the GSC
- Establish a robust quality assurance utility & culture across the region that focuses operations management on improving service quality, minimizing cost of errors and poor processing, providing structured training and feedback on an ongoing basis, cross training, individual agent performance and working with the site/regional Production Management teams to eliminate non value activities and improving input quality. This is a key priority area as part of the Global Standards Program and has significant attention from the regulators.
- Deliver on the mandate as established through the Global Standards Programme
- To lead the definition and deployment of FCC & RC operations Quality Assurance (“QA”) model, preserving its independence from operations, with no conflict of interest and ensuring a responsive structure exists within the QC process for providing constructive and consistent feedback/ mentoring to process operators
- Total QC management of process performance across FCC & RC operations regionally, including robust error/defect analysis (cost & quality) based on the standard quality monitoring methodology and risk control assessment
- Identify Operational Performance Improvement (“OPI”) opportunities and work with key stakeholders to realize benefits. Lead the creation and delivery of appropriate training/refresher programmes with the global training utility to improve process and service quality, automation & dashboard reporting, calibration & coaching, operational motivators and remedial action
- Review, question and engage with other FCC & RC operations stakeholders to facilitate the resolution of differences in productivity/MI across locations as assigned.
- Support the Regional Head of Operations and VP Business Management on data analysis, model and strategy development and implementation, reporting, data management and financial tracking mechanism for their respective region.
- Support the regional operations and central business management team by handling complex operational demands and develop sustained processes to strengthen the hiring, budget, project management, financial management & reporting capabilities working in coordination with internal and external stakeholders as applicable
Customers / Stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify and execute strategies for achievement of business objectives.
- Direct the delivery of reports, training and related communications to business partners and ensure a consistent approach in alignment with core objectives of the FCC & RC AML program.
- Responsible for leading, developing and influencing relationships with functional counterparts both internal and external to continuously improve functional area's performance.
- Establish effective relationships with appropriate Regional Business and Compliance partners and GSC FCC & RC ops teams. Assess and advise on QA aspects of process and system change requests ensuring a robust QA change management governance structure exists within FCC & RC operations that provides sufficient consultation and discussion with stakeholders
- Represent FCC & RC operations QA in the relevant process working group as appropriate and provide guidance and advice with regard to change delivery, offshoring, platform adoption, sharing best practices
- Provide support to Group companies in those countries unable to centralize processes so that the benefits of utilizing standardized QA procedures and systems are still realized
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develop and enhance the operational effectiveness of the AML QA program while ensuring a sustainable, risk based AML QA program. Collaborate with stakeholders and support teams to ensure QA program meets objectives.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Periodic domestic travel required. Provide leadership to the onshore and offshore QA teams to ensure we deliver on our mandate
- Lead and maintain a team of QA SMEs across the region
- Ensure adequate development and training is provided to the team to develop skills and competencies within FCC & RC ops regional locations
- Be sensitive to cross cultural nuances and exhibit maturity and tolerance in managing the same
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure employees adhere to the established operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies, especially given the regulatory implications associated with Compliance Operations
- Ensure all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and address any areas of concern in conjunction with operations management and/or the appropriate department.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Manage time effectively to complete all assigned tasks
- To acquire an in depth understanding of the quality measuring procedures and the training requirements of the processes.
- Cross entity view needs to be applied whilst managing this role since the scope covers several countries within the region. This will pose challenges as existing local practices have to be changed. This could be a hindrance if not managed aptly
- The role requires excellent inter personal and communication skills with the role holder required to liaise and coordinate with operations management remotely across multiple geographies but also to articulate problems and solutions/ideas to Compliance senior management
- The role requires the ability to influence, teach, challenge intelligently and encourage FCC & RC operations QA site leads
- The role has accountability for the operational performance of processes across FCC & RC operations for the assigned region and specifically productivity and cost of quality goals. Although the job holder will not directly manage or lead the operational teams it should be clear that they are accountable for processes achieving their productivity and cost of quality goals (i.e. achievement through others). This puts an enormous responsibility on the job holder to be persuasive, collegiate and technically proficient
- The focus on customer quality requires a sophisticated understanding of what production levers will drive qualitative improvement results
- Be proactive to put forward plans and able to prevent potential fraudulent situations
- Be able to generate, understand and also interpret MI reports on quality reviews conducted.
- Flexibility in adopting changes as per the department requirements.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- High levels of technical and professional expertise are required to provide guidance and advice on specialized matters
- Commercially astute as role requires individual to be aware of customer, operations and market requirements
- The role entails regular contact with peer group and senior managers to coordinate efforts and report progress and results
- The individual will have a strong learning curve and will demonstrate the ability to apply learned techniques, knowledge and expertise to new business situations and in different business environments
- Drive standardized Quality process through the quality tools provided
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Adheres to HNAH’s Statement of Business Principles and Code of Ethics.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Apply compliance; maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators; adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events. Abide by human resources and other HSBC policies in support of our ethical and respectful work environment.
- Adhere to the code of conduct and HSBC values at all times.
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years proven and progressive audit, compliance, financial services operations experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting or equivalent experience.
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving, communications and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Preferably from the Commerce or Finance background
- Knowledge of various Banking Products (Eg. Savings Bank Account, Current Accounts, Business Account etc)
AML Compliance Product Knowledge relating to Money Laundering, Crime and Terrorist financing
- General understanding of Financial Products and Markets.
- Good understanding of Internet and its usage
- Political, Social and Economic knowledge of countries that are major players in the global economy
- Sound understanding of the AML Regulatory requirements
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, and write reports effectively
- Ability to learn quickly, transfer knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data.
- Evidence of good analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends and make projections.
- Well-developed investigation skills, and highly skilled in report writing
- Certification in quality assurance / control / management / six sigma would be desirable
- Exposure to managing global transformation projects would be an added advantage
- Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data efficiently, draw conclusions on what the data means and actions required
- Highly effective in working with all levels of management and staff. Strong relationship management skills with the ability to manage & engage multiple stakeholders, meet their expectations , negotiate in situations of conflicting interests and influence key decision makers in a positive manner
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills – both verbal and written
- Operates effectively across cultures and in multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Resourceful - ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Ability to understand and implement Group risk management policies