Control and Reporting Analyst|
The Control and Reporting team is responsible for establishing and performing control functions and performing all regulatory reporting. Monitoring role focused on performing reconciliations, identifying breaks, assigning ownership, driving resolution and reporting to senior management, producing and filing regulatory reports, and performing centralized control functions as needed.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Reconcile internal cash and securities accounts, produce daily reconciliation reports, obtain and critique status updates and explanations.
- Produce weekly and monthly management reports and senior management / committee reports
- Produce regulatory reports and file as needed.
- Work closely with line managers and staff to identify control gaps and close.
- Drive break resolution process with line managers
- Raise, review and track Incident Reports resulting from processing errors.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assess control breaks, reasons and actions for quality and accuracy
- Interpret regulations and apply to processing and record keeping systems
- Performs according to prescribed procedures
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Five years of experience in financial services / securities industry in a control, reconciliation related field
- Accounting, bookkeeping, audit experience
- Proficient with Excel