Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Sales
Global Head of Analytics, Consumer Assets, SVP|
This leadership position supports the global RBWM business in an analytical capacity and is a key contributor in achieving financial targets, including RoRWA, revenue and balance targets.
The Global Head of Consumer Assets Analytics has a primary responsibility of leading data analytics to ensure alignment with the business’s vision and objectives. The candidate will work closely with Global Product Heads in Secured Lending and Unsecured Lending to prioritize analytical agenda and drive business impact. The candidate will work with a team of analytical practitioners in India and China to manage analytical processes of product life-cycle across cards, loans, and mortgages. The candidate is a thought leader and brings in industry leading practices to innovate and continuously improve our product analytics process within the overall customer management framework. Some focus areas include:
- Prospecting. Optimizing target selection both for New-to-Bank customers and Existing-to-Bank customers. Identifying new data vectors and new prediction tools to improve target selection
- Balance Build. Optimizing balance build programs to grow balances and risk-adjusted revenues. Improve segmentation and modeling techniques to actively calibrate the portfolios.
- Retention. Building best in class retention models and treatment strategies.
- Monitor and assess lending acquisition performance and portfolio performance and actively identify portfolio opportunities.
The candidate will work closely with other SME teams in pricing optimization, payment analytics/merchant offer analytics, customer valuation, digital analytics, marketing-mix modeling, and customer management to profitably grow the lending portfolios.
The candidate will also champion agile, innovative working methodology to accelerate analytical innovation with increasing experiments in Machine Learning techniques, new data vectors, including enhanced use of credit bureau data and alternative data, and drive a consistent “test and learn” process.
The candidate will work cross-functionally with:
- Data team to improve BI capability
- CRM function for solution implementation
- Risk function for collaboration on risk/reward trade-off optimization
- Digital function for new channel enablement
The candidate will also:
- Work with Regional and Local product, Risk and CRM analytics teams at key sites to improve upon analytical strategies. Provide consultation for business challenges, revenue generation opportunities & quantitative financial analysis.
- Work with Policy & Compliance and Legal in respect of policies and standards.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strategic mindset: The candidate must be able to think strategically and able to engage key stakeholders. The candidate must also have strong verbal and written communication skills. Consulting experience a plus.
- Collaboration: The role is highly collaborative. The candidate will work with a team of data scientists, has deep domain knowledge but is able to communicate effectively to different audiences to garner support for implementation. The candidate must feel comfortable and be able to navigate across various geographies and functions.
- Knowledge and opportunity: The candidate must possess deep knowledge in the consumer lending domain, across cards, loans, and mortgages. Is well informed of industry trends and best practices. The candidate must have good judgment on recommending right vendors to partner in order to enhance our internal capabilities.
- College degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in a quantitative discipline, along with over 10 years’ relevant working experience.
- Proven business project leading experience, preferably of leading an analytical team and working in complex matrix environments.
- Excellent execution and problem solving skill.
- Global/Regional experience is a plus.
- HSBC provides flexible working schedule but some early morning / evening calls are required for global team engagement.