Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Sales, Research & Development, Web Technology
Online Account Team Representative I|
Will review new applications housed within Compass/Fiserv system, create an application record within Teamspace and assign to the team for review and customer vetting.
Receives specialized inbound customer calls in a contact center environment typically on a single product and or proposition. Provides high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible. Listens to the customer and establishes needs to offer relevant products.
Makes specialized outbound calls in the contact center environment regarding (potential) customer applications. Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research regarding applications and initiates customer follow up or directs the (potential) customer for application and product resolution.
Based on potential customer contact the team will recognize “red flag” activity as it pertains to Anti Money Laundering activities and escalate and interact in conjunction with AML compliance. The team will also perform enhanced due diligence in terms of vetting applicants by performing Google searches and IP address verification (Internet Protocol) on applicant address and print and upload into pertinent systems or escalate if necessary.
Will follow up post application approval and update customer activity details within the customer profile based on the vetted input in the original application. Team will work with Centralized Account Remediation Team (CART) on any gaps identified in customer profiles and contact customers as appropriate and update profiles .
Will interact with unauthenticated customers and potential customers who navigate the HSBC USA front end website and elect to “chat” with an agent. Sales opportunities as well as service related questions are resolved at first contact wherever possible. All OAT Representatives will be cross trained in Chat responsibilities.
As application tool are upgraded and modified for purpose, the team will test upgrades and trouble shoot upgrades.
Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up for application resolution.
Responsible for achieving individual targets and /or account opening goals whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
Impact on the Business
- Answers (or makes) phone calls from(to) our HSBC (potential) customers in a polite and friendly way, instilling customer confidence and resolving customer’s issues at first contact where possible.
- Engage our HSBC (potential) customers via “chat” in a polite and friendly way, instilling customer confidence and resolving issues at first contact where possible.
- Delivers what is promised in line with customer expectations.
- Offers value added products and services based on customer needs analysis and ensures customer understanding of those products.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provides excellent customer service to specialized inbound/outbound customer calls, and customer requested chats, by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
- Generating customer loyalty through strong knowledge of key products and services.
- Owns and resolves issues and understands how and when to escalate.
- Certified to handle multiple propositions (i.e. Advance, Premier) or multiple products (i.e. Loans, Mortgage, Core Banking, Cards) and has specialized in one of the high complex roles within the contact center
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and Behaviors (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Values diversity amongst team.
- Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Serve as assigners to the rest of the team in daily vetting and assigning of applications to the larger group.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centers.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards.
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes).
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance.
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact.
- Owning personal career development while balancing daily job duties
- The role operates within a RBWM Contact Centre and interacts with HSBC local and international customers, the post holder must have the ability to deal with different process, different countries, where applicable, and different customer attitudes and requests on a daily basis.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year's proven experience in a customer service and sales environment or equivalent.
- Open to working flexible shifting schedules.
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development.
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required.
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and is polite and friendly at all times.
- Displays patience and empathy.
- Ability to maintain departmental productivity, quality and sales standards