Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Science, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
HVTN Financial Analyst|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) is the world’s largest publicly funded multi-disciplinary international collaboration facilitating the development of vaccines to prevent HIV/AIDS. The HVTN conducts all phases of clinical trials, from evaluating experimental vaccines for safety and immunogenicity to testing vaccine efficacy.
The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the HVTN’s fiscal and contracts team, assisting with and coordinating highly complex financial reports for the HVTN and other co-located projects. Working under the direction of the HVTN Fiscal and Contracts Manager, this position will provide overall financial administration support for program, including programmatic budgeting and financial analysis, and working directly with sub-recipients in the U.S. and eight other countries. The incumbent will work within the Fiscal and Contracts department, providing high-level and detailed financial analysis, tracking and reporting. Independent judgment will be used daily in interpreting policy, representing the HVTN, interacting with Fred Hutch staff and outside organizations, and working with highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Assist team in managing multiple large, complex multi-year awards from NIH/NIAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), and other funders.
- Provide financial support to HVTN clinical research sites around the world, including annual funding requests and monthly invoice/expense report review.
- Collaborates with contracts specialist to administer and monitor the HVTN’s national and international subcontracts, ensuring deliverables are timely, any contract requirements are observes and payments are made
- Maintain and enhance multiple record keeping and reporting systems for varied and complex sources of funding; develop procedures for implementation, execution, control and review/audit of fiscal operations.
- Manage payments, invoices, sub-awards, and cost-transfers, ensuring compliance with funder and institutional policies.
- Review and process monthly sub-recipient and other invoices and expense reports.
- Assist with annual budget sub-recipient budget review process, including detailed analysis of clinical trial site budgets, and reporting for HVTN Executive Management Team and other HVTN managers.
- Assist in preparation of annual and other financial reports to funders such as NIAID and BMGF
- Administer and monitor HVTN budget(s) providing routing reports and projects to management
- Develop, recommend, and/or establish expenditure forecasting for all accounts; forecast fiscal needs/commitments; analyze policies and project fiscal impact.
- Contribute to clinical trial costing projections.
- Assist with employee effort reporting for programmatic personnel, across projects and awards.
- Assist with providing ongoing training and capacity building for clinical research sites, including formal trainings and workshops for site fiscal administrators.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, public administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial analysis field with specific experience working with grants and contracts (federal and foundation).
- Experience with detailed financial analysis tools and reporting.
- Strong computer skills—MS Word, Adobe Pro, and advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving fiscal management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually.
- Ability to problem-solve and process information quickly.
- Available for periodic travel to HVTN research sites in other countries
- MBA/CPA Preferred
- Experience working with Uniform Guidance is highly preferred
- Experience with Hyperion, PeopleSoft and related databases is preferred
- Experience working internationally and/or working with non-U.S. organizations strongly preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!