Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Executive Management, Research & Development
Securities Processing Specialist|
Completes more complex processing, operational, customer service and/or accounting related duties in support of an assigned area of Securities Processing. Responsible to provide oversight and intercession for processing in clients accounts vs the street side and internal systems. Act as a liaison for the business units when necessary
Impact on the Business
- Investigate and liaise with Vendorst and various business units to resolve security related issues in a timely manner. Identify and propose necessary steps to prevent future re-occurrences.
- Responsible for the Diversified Investment Funds: Calculating daily NAV, annual audits, decennial accountings
- Complete more complex processing, operational, customer service and/or accounting related duties in support of an assigned area of Securities Processing. Ensure all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete appropriate computations required in assigned area. Complete reconciliations of activities and ensure prompt and accurate correction of discovered discrepancies.
- Communicate with internal customers, trust personnel and external parties on issues as required. Respond to correspondence or telephone calls regarding more complex problems or errors. Conduct research to resolve discrepancies to satisfaction of all parties and within established procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Respond to correspondence or telephone calls regarding more complex problems or errors. Conduct research to resolve discrepancies to satisfaction of all parties and within established procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Support the Bank's Affirmative Action Policy.
- Generate and distribute various MIS Reports for management to perform trend analysis and look for ways to improve existing processes and workflows.
- Handle incoming customer inquiries and complaints and ensure expedient resolution
- Disseminate relevant account details to Front Office Managers in concise, timely fashion when requested.
- Comply with Policies and Procedures and established guidelines of the FIM and GSM.
- Assist with special Ad Hoc Reporting and Projects
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments
Customers / Stakeholders
- The position requires working closely with various business units including SEI Private Trust Company, Relationship Managers, traders, IT, Compliance, and Senior Management.
- Individuals are responsible for making business decisions on when an issue needs to be escalated to management. Additionally, on daily basis works directly with Domestic Private Banking Front Office and Vendors . Depending on sensitivity of the issue, the individual may need to escalate matter and contact custodians and agents directly to facilitate resolution.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and work with an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Processing, compliance checking, approving and oversight of a high volume and high $ dollar amount of complex cash and securities related transactions on a daily basis, while meeting securities and financial industry market cutoffs, in the US and up to 90 countries around the world, accurately and according to HSBC FIM requirements.
- Volumes and types of transactions are client driven and therefore unpredictable. They vary by over 100% on certain days throughout the month. SOS staff are cross trained in several different tasks and depending on daily volumes and types of transactions will move into different roles to meet client demands.
- Workflows, data entry, approvals and controls in the Private Bank are essentially all manual and require careful attention to details.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of two years’ Securities Processing experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Demonstrated experience with the securities industry in accounting, research, processing and knowledge of all security types and terminology.
- Proven analytical, communications, mathematical and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate in a fast-paced, high volume area.
- Associates Degree in Business, related field or equivalent experience.