Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Battle Creek, MI
|| Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Purchasing, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Strategic Sourcing Manager|
The purpose of this position is to manage the development and implementation of a company-wide strategic procurement platform for maintenance, repair and supply contracts, capital expenditures and corporate purchases, with an overall objective of aggregating and leveraging purchasing power, increasing operational efficiency and increasing profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, plans, organizes and implements national/regional contracting and procurement strategies and programs to increase operational efficiency and profitability.
- Develops standardized systems and controls for procurement including RFP documentation, work authorization, purchase and change order systems, and supplier/contractor eligibility criteria.
- Manages the supplier/contractor certification process including review of requisite experience, legal and organizational structure, financial viability, geographic coverage, insurance requirements and other capabilities.
- Prepares and maintain contracts with national/regional service providers in accordance with company standards.
- Develops, manages, coordinates global sourcing processes and practices with internal stakeholders.
- Develops and manages relationships with national/regional suppliers and contractors and assist in contract negotiations.
- Establishes requirements for and ensure the integrity of centralized procurement database systems.
- Serves as key point of contact for utilization management and coordination with outside procurement/e-procurement solutions.
- Participates on behalf of the company in approved or sponsored procurement organizations or related initiatives.
- Develops training programs and assists in training employees in company-wide procurement procedures.
- Develops company-wide policies and procedures, playbooks and other organizational materials with respect to national/regional procurement.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Facility Maintenance Experience.
Ability to perform analytics and utilize data to create and execute a sourcing plan ensuring the account can meet all glide-path goals; and utilizing Project Plans.
Ability to create RFx, conduct sourcing engagements, and is an effective negotiator.
Contract Management - ability to read, manage, and execute contracts.
Supplier Performance Management/Supplier Relatioship Management - Score carding, QBRs, Issue Resolution, etc.
Effective COmmunicator - ability to communicate across all levels of the organization (Both internal and client-facing) supplier negotiations.
Independent leader with a proven track record of operating without direct supervision.
Will need someone who has time management experience and prove how they will be able to do that.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent to a 4-year college program in relevant discipline; Minimum 5 years experience in procurement of services and supplies in multiple industries. Demonstrated experience in contract administration, contract negotiation, quality assurance, and procurement management; Experience in implementing e-procurement solutions with exposure to systems development and supplier management.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
C.P.M., C.P.S.M. or N.A.C.M. certifications or eligibility preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite Products and Internet navigation. Experience in working with and managing e-procurement and contracts management platforms. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.