POSITION: HR Business Partner (Supporting Fred Hutch)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (“Fred Hutch” or “the Center”) is one of the premier cancer research centers in the world and home to three Nobel laureates. Fred Hutch is an independent, nonprofit research institution, located on a magnificent campus in the South Lake Union area of Seattle. With the mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death, the Center conducts research of the highest standards to improve prevention and treatment of cancer and related diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation, the Fred Hutch’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
In order to fulfill its mission, Fred Hutch is dedicated to:
• Generating new scientific discoveries and translating them into effective medical practices, therapies and public health approaches;
• Recruiting, supporting and training highly qualified scientists and physicians in an environment that promotes collaboration and excellence;
• Cooperating with other research entities and medical institutions to assure worldwide access to new research findings and technical developments;
• Providing sensitive, efficient and effective care for patients participating in our experimental therapies and other studies; and
• Promoting the importance of scientific research, responsible medical care, healthy environments and personal behaviors through public education and advocacy.
The scientific palette of Fred Hutch is extensive; it has over 270 research scientists and 2,800 employees. Areas of research focus include hematologic malignancies, solid tumor biology, immunotherapy, early detection, tumor research, international research, fundamental science, cancer and prevention research as well as substantial programs in global oncology and HIV/AIDS. Additionally, given that the eradication of cancer and other life-threatening diseases is an ambitious goal that demands tenacity, scientific excellence, collaboration and breakthrough creativity, Fred Hutch has five scientific divisions working toward this end: Basic Sciences, Clinical Research, Human Biology, Public Health Sciences, and Vaccine and Infectious Disease. The Center has recently established crosscutting integrated research centers organized to promote team science involving members from two or more of the scientific divisions.
The HR Business Partner is a strategic new role that will work closely with leaders and employees at all levels, to provide information, guidance and consultation, and to facilitate the delivery of HR services that support an outstanding employee experience.