Associate Corporate Relationship Support Manager I|
HSBC provides financial services solutions to International Subsidiary Banking with sophisticated domestic and cross border banking requirements in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, HSBC is positioned as an essential partner to customers seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC’s international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
The International Subsidiary Banking Credit Support role assists Relationship Managers (RMs) with credit administration support, co-ordination of documentation and post-credit approval process, and third-party management (values and panel solicitors). This role acts an escalation point for Group Service Delivery (GSD) Credit Services.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Provide full operational support to the team or function, as required, anticipating workload and supporting with appropriate materials
- Manage operational tasks as required
- Perform adhoc duties by the team or business as required
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Work collaboratively with the wider team
- Focus on the end user at all times: HSBC customer, internal or external
- Own and resolve issues with all stakeholders or customers and escalate where appropriate
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
- Continuously monitor and gather information from relevant sources to assess potential impacts and identify risks, necessary changes and business opportunities
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Appreciation of the changing economic, social and governmental environment in US.
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- Apprection of a client focussed environment
- Appreciation of working in a global environment
- Developing professional expertise and credibility within business
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Commercial Banking environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Possess analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritising, organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions
- Good verbal and written communications skills