Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Clinical Research Coordinator I|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day coordination of intervention Phase I-III clinical trials of various complexities. The position will perform tasks relating to the start-up, management and close-out of studies including implementing new study processes with relevant service areas, screening patients for eligibility, tracking patient visits, assuring adherence to protocol schedules of events, and maintaining study records. The Coordinator will work on multiple studies for at least two investigators and provide regular updates on the progress of the studies. The CRC I reports directly to the Clinical Research Manager.
- Prepares study start-up templates and documentation including eligibility checklists, study-specific clinic orders and study calendars
- Serves as main point of contact with sponsors and keeps investigators informed about enrollment opportunities
- Screens and registers patients; ensures eligibility requirements are met
- Assures consent forms are completed correctly and in entirety and that the consent process is appropriately documented
- Proposes orders for study related clinic procedures such as blood draws, exams, infusions and other procedures according to protocol requirements; coordinates with clinic, pharmacy staff and other clinical service areas to ensure proper documentation and timing of research-related procedures
- Attends clinic visits as time permits and when appropriate to update concomitant medications and adverse events and assure subject understanding of study requirements
- Responsible for the maintenance of study databases, including the abstraction and entry of data and CRF interpretation, potentially with data coordinator assistance
- Identifies procedural problems, communicates to the PI and research manager, and completes patient safety net reporting
- Manages Serious Adverse Event reporting to study sponsors and the IRB
- Screens third party safety reports per institutional procedures
- Assures adherence to research protocols and maintains protocol deviation documentation
- Requests insurance authorization and assures the process is complete prior to initiation of study procedures
- Collaborates with study monitors and responds to findings
- Creates and maintains patient tracking tools; communicates status to sponsors, investigators, management and relevant departments
- Acts as a resource to physicians, investigators, other staff members, and other organizations regarding protocol procedures, data collection requirements and other study related operations
- Maintains Patient Tracking System (PATS) and provides information for center-wide accrual reporting
- Maintains study financial trackers
- Keeps knowledge and skills current by completing mandated training and attending meetings with the study team and the Consortium, such as the monthly coordinator meeting, relevant brown bags, faculty and administrative presentations, and other opportunities of interest
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical research required.
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!