Location: Mt. Sterling, IL Department: Administration/ Reports To: Credit Manager Accounts Receivable
Your Role: Train, learn, and work with the Administration and Accounts Receivable departments to gain understanding of workflows, processes, and how this department interacts other parts of the business. Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Training and job-shadowing within the Administration and Accounts Receivable departments to understand workflows and business needs across the company
- Leadership/ownership of assigned project(s)
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving
- Review, update, and track a variety of reports
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure
- Occasional cross-departmental training and project work with other interns
- Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- Project work that is directly connected to Dot’s strategic initiatives
- Family-friendly work environment
- Future career opportunities