Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO Department: Information Technology Reports To: IT Manager
Your Role: The Information Technology Intern is responsible for training, learning and working with the IT department and other departments gaining understanding of workflows, processes, and how this department interacts with and/or impacts other parts of the business. You are responsible for a leadership opportunity on at least one project for systems design and development for IT systems involving internal and external partner and Dot senior management interaction. In addition, time is spent managing and contributing to other projects; some projects are one-time activities; other projects are ongoing with varying degrees of frequency. You, also, support multiple personnel by preparing reports and spreadsheets using various software and AS400 programs. Frequent professional communication and professional interaction with internal and external customers to complete jobs is required. By the end of the internship tenure, you have complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation within the IT area in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge and skills.
- Define, research, collect data, analyze problems to determine best processes and methods for solving
- Develop forms for data entry and reporting
- Create, input, format, and update a variety of projects and reports
- Communicate with manager and internal and external team members regularly on status of assigned projects
- Maintain files and generate status information
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations
- Apply lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Travel – Minimal/limited overnight travel Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings
- Schedule – May provide support and leadership in absence of IT Helpdesk for cross-training
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities