Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Corporate Business Development Manager|
This is a key business development role aligned with the retail branch network in the sale and marketing of core Retail Banking & Wealth Management products (Premier/Advance) to Corporate clients of Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking (GBM/CMB) as well as select third party intermediaries targeting their key employees for personal banking relationships. The role holder will engage with the Corporate Alliances Team and select branches in the strategy, planning and fulfillment requirements of branch sourced and managed relationships.
Impact on the Business
- Initiate/develop and maintain relationships with senior management across all businesses particularly Branch Managers and Area Managers in the acquisition of New to Branch (NTB) customers booked within the Network
Customers / Stakeholders
- Corporate Alliances Team
- Area Managers, Senior Area Managers
- Branch Managers
- Premier Wealth Coaches
Leadership & Teamwork
- Participate in client presentations and monitor activities of assigned branch personnel to ensure proper focus on strategy and deliverables. Prepare and implement direct sales and marketing plans designed to develop and establish corporate relationships along with accompanying individual sales results.
- Direct, coach and motivate branch personnel to meet established program objectives; coordinate activities with support areas such as Marketing, to deliver competitive propositions
- Lead and develop an effective functional team through communication, performance management, development plans Provide regular updates to RBWM & GBM leadership
- Participate in client planning sessions with RBWM Business Manager (GBM) as relationship management model expands to additional Corporates
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Direct the development of central client database to track corporate accounts and manage on-going activities. Ensure appropriate reporting and tracking of sales activities and results and timely and accurate completion of all reports supporting sales activities.
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
- Manage process for responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and other activities that encompass a unified approach with internal business partners.
- Work with IGS Business Manager on regular data mining projects and strategic plans
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Working in a matrix environment
- Balancing the needs/expectations of RBWM network and provide on demand transparency of NTB activity and performance
- Establishing thought leadership amongst various stakeholders and supporting the overall acquisition targets of the Network
- Key thought leader in NTB acquisition, particularly Top Tier client and demonstrable progressive success
- Balancing the push/pull of management expectations and branch network considerations (e.g. Managing the referral process)
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure that team members adhere to operational and Group Standards, including FIM’s
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Works with Operations team to ensure proper dual controls of service activities.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten years proven and progressive corporate banking sales experience or equivalent.
- Strong sales, managerial, interpersonal, organizational, communications, negotiations, lateral thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal business partners as well as external corporate clients.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry, coupled with the ability to understand and negotiate through the HSBC internal network.