Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jersey City, NJ
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Analyst, Account Activity Review|
The job holder will be a key member of a dedicated and specialized business function, responsible for the review of transactional activity for customers doing business with HSBC USA (HBUS).
Specifically, this job holder would review transaction activity against the expected activity of the HBUS relationship. The candidate would identify exceptions and trends that would alert the business to the associated financial crime risks of dealing with the customer.
Impact on the Business
- Responsibility for executing client reviews within the prescribed SLA’s.
- Develop expertise on products being analyzed and processes used to support analysis.
- Understand historical transactional activity (“Transactional MI”) provided by external groups.
- Review transactional MI, transactional summaries and consolidated views of transactions.
- Contribute to refinement of definition of transactional variances and required escalation and decisioning activity.
- Work closely with Sales and Relationship Managers in supporting analytics on customer transaction activity.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and controls.
- Work as part of a team of like minded and similarly skilled individuals.
- Provide Management Information as needed.
- Actively contribute and participate in programs designed to enhance the capabilities of the AARU.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with Financial Control and Compliance (FCC), ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete training and compliance responsibilities, as assigned.
- This is a role that is setting a precedent for transactional activity for HSBC.
- Complexity of data and volume and frequency of analysis.
- There is a need for an entrepreneurial spirit and reception to change.
- Blending of 3 key skill sets: i) Statistical/Analytical modeling ii) Global Liquidity and Cash Management and Markets knowledge iii) Industry /market knowledge of banking customers.
- The ideal candidate will possess i) and should be able to acquire ii) and iii)
- Extremely high profile role will be scrutinized by regulators, auditors and the highest levels HSBC management.
- The job holder needs to facilitate quality and timely communication with product teams, operations, sales and relationship management globally. The individual and team must be seen as responsive and supportive but also ensuring diligence and quality is demonstrated. The need to Influence stakeholders and other partnering groups is important and therefore must be an inherent skill set of the candidate.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring. This includes its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the Group Operations FIM.
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Risk Management is a key component of business, job holder must assure that we are strictly following Group rules and standards.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The job holder will also adhere to, and be able to demonstrate, adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply and job holder must follow Group Compliance guidance, particularly related to KYC - Account Activity Reviews.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with the FCC department about areas of concern when conducting an Account Activity Review. Also, and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Highly developed analytical and strong mathematical/statistical skills.
- Excel and database knowledge is preferred.
- Comfortable with large quantity of data and using it for analysis.
- Working knowledge of GLCM and Market products or ability to acquire knowledge.
- Industry knowledge and understanding of banking and markets preferred, however training will be provided.
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to make decisions regarding assigned projects independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to deliver to deadlines.
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.