Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Internet/E-Commerce, Warehousing, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Central Transport Clerk III|
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
central transport clerk 3
Under general supervision of department manager and supervisors, the Central Transport Clerk 3 is part of a team that unloads, processes and delivers goods, freight, personal packages and mail on a daily basis to Center locations both on and off the main campus. He also provides assistance to and backup for the supervisors in all job activities related to management of capital equipment, oversight of the surplus equipment stream, records storage, and general warehouse duties. This position requires accuracy, attention to detail, good driving skills, and a consistently high level of customer service. Successful team members will also exhibit higher level problem solving skills and good interpersonal communication with our partners in Purchasing and our customers. Adhering to product handling/storage guidelines, proper chain of custody for all product and confidentiality guidelines is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unload and load trucks. Examine freight and notify lead or manager of any damage or shortages. Contact buyer/owner to provide specifics and assist in determining intermediate course of action/disposition. Advise supervisor or manager of all activities for further assistance or follow up.
- Receive and process goods from vendors. Verify all part numbers, quantities and purchase order information. Notify buyer of any discrepancies and assist in determining course of action/disposition. Follow proper handling, packaging and storage guidelines for perishables, chemicals and hazardous goods. Enter receipts into the PeopleSoft system and attach documentation to goods for proper routing to end users. Route packages to Vuetura stations and barcode packages for delivery.
- Deliver packages throughout the Center verifying correct delivery location and obtaining delivery confirmation using handheld scanners. Assist Purchasing and customers in resolving delivery issues using PeopleSoft and Vuetura inventory/tracking histories as well as FedEx and UPS websites. Pick up and deliver mail at designated mailstop locations. Drive department vans for off-campus deliveries and pickups.
- Working with the supervisors and under the direction of the Department Manager, provide assistance in conducting scheduled physical inventories of capital equipment. In the absence of the supervisor handling Assets, manage all aspects of the record storage system including fulfilling records requests, entering information in the database, and doing putaway. In the absence of the supervisor handling assets, act as main point of contact for interdepartmental activity involving the Lea warehouse. Assist with management of the surplus stream from collection of items to disposition including storage, sale and recycling. Monitor conveyance form/work order activity to ensure that capital equipment movement is being captured appropriately in the Asset Management database. Work with the supervisors and Finance to monitor the accuracy of asset management data being entered upon receipt in PeopleSoft. Act as a point of contact for large capital equipment moves on and off campus.
- Operate hand trucks, carts, vehicles, handheld scanners, computers, faxes, printers, powered and non-powered pallet jacks, table lifts and forklifts. Position requires frequent lifting of items up to 50lbs, and occasional lifting of items up to 100lbs. Position requires frequent bending, stooping, reaching, walking and lifting. Work area includes enclosed offices, loading docks, vehicles, and outdoor parking areas in weather.
- Fulfill stockroom requests by picking, processing and delivering goods to customers. Assist with in-house moves transporting equipment, furniture and records for customers
by completing assigned work orders. Provide customer service to department visitors using the mail system or picking up packages. Answer telephone inquiries and defer to lead or manager when appropriate. Assist customers with the processing of FedEx packages. Assist other team members as necessary. Keep work spaces clean, organized and free of clutter.
High School diploma, GED or the equivalent. Two years of related experience, preferably in material handling, shipping, receiving or inventory control. Ability to lift and move 50lbs on a regular basis. Experience working in an environment that practices electronic record keeping and transacting. Oracle/PeopleSoft/Outlook experience. Good Excel skills. Valid Washington State driver’s license and a good driving record. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Previous experience with handheld scanners/barcode scanning and forklift experience. Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!