Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Financial Services, Legal, Military, Retail/Wholesale
Central Account Review Analyst|
Conducts high quality reviews of personal accounts opened in the retail branch network to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
Impact on the Business
- Improve Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering, other regulatory and legal requirements by working with District, branch management and the FCC office to understand and manage risk. Make recommendations to retain or exit relationships based on risk.
- Provide account opening requirements and guidance to branch staff during reviews.
- Effective execution of this function is critical to ensuring successful Know Your Customer (KYC) audits and OCC exams in the retail branch network.
- Serve as partner with branches in on-boarding quality relationships, while mitigating regulatory and legal risk.
- Performing necessary EDD with escalations as required
Leadership & Teamwork
- Deliver high quality operational, technical and legal support to all retail branch offices and other departments related to personal account opening.
- Work with Legal, AML Compliance, Regional and District management on more complex relationships to ensure proper balance between risk mitigation and customer service.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Complete and submit various activity reports.
- Advise higher management of significant issues identified through review activity.
- Achieve daily productivity and service standards.
- Provide coaching and mentioning to branch staff to further their understanding of account opening requirements.
- Identify and make recommendations on accounts to ensure risk is properly understood and managed.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Overcoming resistance from business partners and customers to providing required information.
- Communicating requirements to business partners on complex structures
- Meeting service levels to comply with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Balancing risk with customer service
- Achieving high level of internal customer satisfaction while mitigating risk
- Must use sound judgment in balancing regulatory and legal mandates with customer service.
- Independent worker.
- Balance productivity with service
- High visibility and high sensitivity in this role.
- Must have a thorough understanding of industry risks across multiple states and countries.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- This position is the first line of defense in mitigating AML Compliance risk in the retail branch network.
- Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Must ensure Group standards for customer information and KYC are met.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive retail bank branch experience or equivalent, including non-personal account opening experience.
- Bachelors degree in business, related field or equivalent experience desired.
- Proven analytical, organizational, decision-making, communications, lateral thinking, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent Company products, services, processes, operations, regulations and systems impacting retail branches.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages