Some careers grow faster than others.
Do you want to work for one of the world’s largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well HSBC offers just that. It’s exciting times here and if you’re looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to grow, innovate and deliver cutting edge software then join us. Whether you want a career to take you to the top or simply take you in a new direction, HSBC offers fantastic opportunities, support and rewards that will help grow your career.
Global IT enables HSBC to remain at the forefront of software development by delivering top quality, customised banking solutions across 50 countries. Increasingly our digital products are becoming the first point of contact for over 40 million HSBC customers, allowing us to embrace a rapid rate of change, the adoption of new technologies and utilise agile delivery methods. We believe in creating fantastic products with exceptional customer experience, ones that seamlessly integrate into our customer’s lives.
Digital IT sits within Global IT with an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We’re an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale. We offer an attractive reward package including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and health care with family cover. In addition to a pension with employer contributions of up to 17%.
We’re looking for passionate, driven, team loving, kind, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
We are rebuilding our consumer facing digital products, from mobile banking to credit card applications. As part of that we are building a new platform to host and run all of this, making sure we have the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction and you can help bring this to life. As a Platform Engineer you’ll be embedded in a team responsible for a product end to end.
Working closely in a cross functional product team you’ll make sure your product’s environments are working as intended and that the build pipeline between them is tuned to perfection. With the rest of the team you’re responsible for the quality of everything produced; if you build it, you run it. One day you’ll be helping deploy a new dynamic platform, the next watching it handle millions of requests from all around the globe. We have a simple mantra: automate, automate, automate. We’re using things like Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Targeting & Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Tealium, Content Delivery Networks, AppDynamics, Splunk, AWS, Jenkins, Github, Slack, IBM portal server, IBM Websphere content management system.
As a Platform Engineer you will:
- Be T-shaped; you'll need to to have broad knowledge with areas of depth
- Have a deep knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools (e.g
- jenkins, Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics)
- Know how to design highly available, highly scalable architectures
- Have experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS)
- Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary ‘devops’ team
- Be clear communicator, document your work, share your ideas, and be happy to
- review and be reviewed by your peers
- Ask ‘why’, be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Be an approachable and supportive team member with a collaborative attitude within a demanding, maturing Agile environment
- Influence and champion new ideas and methods
- Great communication - convey your thoughts, ideas and opinions clearly and concisely face-to-face or virtually to all levels up and down stream
- And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you
- Regularly demonstrate these qualities - drive, motivation, determination, dedication, resiliency, honesty and enthusiasm
- Be culturally aware and sensitive
- Be flexible under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
- You’re a kind, thoughtful person who people enjoy working with. You bring donuts to work.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009POJ.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.