Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Chilean Rates Trader|
Provides timely and accurate execution of trades for Company’s targeted institutional clients in assigned area. Experience with trading of rates (swaps, bonds, TRS, futures) of Chile, Colombia, Argentina and Peru.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Effectively maintains various risk positions and manages position limits, providing liquidity to clients and markets. Accounts for Senior Trader are of a more complex nature and larger in size. Trading limits are also higher as well as overall accountability and proprietary risk.
- Bring together simultaneous buy & sell orders in cooperation with sales desk. Maintains complete and detailed records to verify orders as they are executed.
- Ensures correct ticket entry and order routing, maintains communication with sales desk and assists in resolving any settlement problems, ensures ticket entry completion and provides general trade support, as necessary.
- Provides consistent pricing service to sales force and target clients. Provides market information to sales staff as well as guidance on transaction opportunities and market timing.
- Monitors all daily electronic trading activity and determines where certain trades should be routed for execution, reviews all activity for accuracy of account information.
- Reconciles daily and/or monthly reports, as assigned.
- Responsible for making markets and trading within authorized limits.
- Executes firm and customers’ trades in accordance with established trading strategies and may contribute to the formulation of trading strategies.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the product area including market liquidity and volatility, pricing and trading strategies.
- Provides technical and product support to junior staff.
- Handles all trading situations and is confined only be risk limitations.
- Works with systems vendors to set up & maintain customer specifications & trading parameters.
- Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
- Provides management direction to foster effective selection, development and reward of subordinates (if applicable) while contributing to initiatives in support of the Company's Diversity programs.
- Uses initiative and independent judgement to analyze, problem solve and proactively respond to client issues. Expected to make the necessary decisions to carry out own job responsibilities and meet primary goals and objectives. Evaluates and escalates complex issues and/or problems to manager.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5 plus years institutional trading experience, detailed knowledge of all aspects of business’ trading area.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with very strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to understand and manage complex and diverse instruments.