Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Executive Management, Research & Development
Operations Goverance and Control|
Utilize and enhance current AML experience to assist in representing FCC and RC Operations during audits and regulatory matters; maintain full understanding of each area (example Client Screening, Investigation Analytics) to be able to conduct ad hoc investigations/reviews/projects as necessary, and assist in updating each area’s procedures. Learn lite re-engineering techniques to suggest operational efficiency and effectiveness through each process. Assist in ensuring FCC Operations is regulatory compliant and adhering to Global Standards.
Impact on the Business
- Assist Governance and Control in oversight at a U.S. level and local level/business line:
- Update procedures for all areas of FCC Operations including various business lines and client screening.
- Monitor and analyze control findings: results from audits, CTAC, BRCM, regulatory to determine root cause and trends.
- Oversight of global AB&C framework implementation and projects.
- As FCC Operational representative, coordinate internal audits, assurance and tests related to Goverancen and Control in the U.S. as well as the remediation and closure of findings/issues.
- Other Governance and Control subject matters that are designated to this lead, including conducting a lite streamlining review to increase efficiency and effectiveness in various areas of FCC Operations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- This position reports directly to the US Head of Governance and Control.
- This role will help ensure that the newly created Governance and Control department is implemented effectively, which will require a high performance level (client service, behavioral expectations).
- Provide highly professional, competent, and skilled service to the businesses, particularly focusing on providing representation during internal and external audits/reviews.
- Make decisions based on knowledge and experience, particularly in the area for FCC Operations.
- Think proactively and develop ideas for Governance and Control program and ‘brand’ enhancements.
- Escalate, where necessary to direct line management and senior compliance managers.
- Learn Six Sigma proficiency to streamline FCC and RC Operations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manage complex projects across FCC Operations to ensure execution, compliance with Global Standards, and be a reliable Point of Contact
- Assist in representing FCC and RC operations on various Governance Committees.
- Serve as a liaison for FCC Operations to foster good working relationships with internal audit and regulatory agencies affecting assigned business(es).
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains awareness of major regulatory changes affecting assigned business(es); ensures appropriate communication and development of appropriate policy/procedure changes to remain compliant.
- Maintains a current knowledge of industry compliance initiatives pertaining to areas of responsibility and best practices.
- Helps to ensure adherence to Global Standards by working with US and Global FCC and RC personnel.
- Assist in identifying possible deficiencies throughout FCC Operations through the recommendation of MSIIs.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Helps to ensure sustainability is attained in a responsible and conscientious fashion while FCC Operations remains regulatory compliant and properly governed.
- Conducts reviews of processes to enable members of FCC operations to create Management Self-Identified Issues (MSII’s).
- Promotes the recommendations for risk / control remediation opportunities in professional and consistent manner.
- Escalates matters to senior management as needed.
- Works well independently, with minimal direction.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of policies and procedures pertaining to the role.
- Aware of what constitutes an effective control environment.
- Communicates effectively and professionally, and conveys the key information needed to ensure governance and operational goals are met.
- Requires strong industry knowledge and a deep familiarity with the challenging regulatory environment in which HNAH operates.
- Possesses foundational knowledge of bank regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and all general compliance regulations is needed.
- Aspires and sees opportunity at HSBC to drive change and improve the Bank’s responsiveness to risk factors, increased governance and accountability.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Assists senior management to ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
- Be aware of Operational Risk, primarily Business Regulatory Risk associated with the business.
- Proactively alert management and the business of highest perceived risks as they arise.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance FIM, HNAH’s Enterprise Compliance Policy and Program, the CRMP Manual, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
- Communicates Governance and Control weaknesses to Senior Management in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Maintain U.S. consistency with Global Governance and Control program.
- Assist in the discharge of accountabilities set out in the Compliance Functional Instructional Manual (FIM) by proactively assisting management in identifying and containing compliance risk, monitoring, reporting and certification, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to the HNAH BSA/AML compliance policy by containing compliance and operational risk in liaison with the Line of Business Head of FCC, FCC Operations, and Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of five years proven anti-money laundering experience, or equivalent; ACAMs or another applicable certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, communications and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality, adhere to established deadlines and deal with difficult customers or suspicious transactions.
- Ability to work effectively across a complex global matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to respond to changing circumstances.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.